• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get directly to discussions list?

Guide ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be that most forums had a way to get directly to the full discussions list. For example, the Flash CC general had something like a "More" link at the bottom of trending or possibly Popular discussions. This wasn't consistent across forums even in the same community, but at least it was more direct than the current flow, or at least the best current flow I have found.:

1. Select your community, press Go (would be cool if this would just go without that step).
  2. Select forum
  3. Pick a discussion, any discussion.
  4. Go "up" from the individual discussion to the discussions list.

It seems counterintuitive to me that you can get to the full discussions list from "below," but never from "above."

In a related note, is it possible to save a setting somewhere how you want those sorted? As someone who is nearly always visiting to answer questions, I usually want to sort by "Date created: newest first." I get that you have optimized for the people asking for help, but these features would nice for us to be able to help them ore effectively.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Ha, there is a way to do it--it's just not especially discoverable. If you look when you have a forum selected, there is a dark gray bar with "Overview" highlighted. Next to it is "Content." If you click "Content," it takes you straight into the discussions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use my browser's auto-complete functionality; e.g. I type for and it will get me https://forums.adobe.com/community/general/forum_comments/content?filterID=contentstatus[published]~... at the top.  Or I type rea and it will suggest https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums/content?filterID=contentstatus[published]~obj...

P.S. my browser is Pale Moon 24.5.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amy,

I have always just used forum Bookmarks (from about the turn of the Millennium, long before the present strangenesses).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I also use bookmarks, but when I first getinto the forums, my bookmarks are truncated and I am taken to the All Content view:

11foro.JPG

To enter directly to the Discussions view, I have to click on my bookmark for a second time, or open a second one:

12foro.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

That is strange. I have never had any issues with Bookmarks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither had I.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2014 Jun 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even more strange, Claudio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I couldn't compose the above message in IE/Win7 (the figure was always placed at the beginning of the message, and I lost the scrolling bars and couldn't insert the secong image). I finally used FF/Mac and could insert the two images where I wanted, but couldn't add anything after the second one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I thought maybe others would find the experience suboptimal and that Adobe might be interested in hearing it, but clearly it is working as designed and I'm in the minority in finding this odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amy,

I believe no one disagrees with you about what is desirable; some of us have just adjusted years ago, and settled for something consistent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha, there is a way to do it--it's just not especially discoverable. If you look when you have a forum selected, there is a dark gray bar with "Overview" highlighted. Next to it is "Content." If you click "Content," it takes you straight into the discussions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amy Blankenship wrote:

If you click "Content," it takes you straight into the discussions.

No, that takes me to "All content"; I additionally have to click on the "Discussions" tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In most/many forums, the discussions are substantially the same as all content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amy,

That is (part of) why some of us just use the (right) Bookmark to get there with the one click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And once you are there, you can bookmark the page in your browser...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines