• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get rid of the po-ups in the ‚new experience‘‘

Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether I use 'Skip' or take the tour - Next time in the forum I get the pop-ups again. During the day I am on a Windows machine, in th evening (just now) I'm on an iPad - but at least in the same WLAN.

TOPICS
Community Information

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program are you referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're talking about the "New feature" popup tour in the forums. For some people the popups never go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's exactly what's Amebr talks about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pain in the neck, I reported the annoyance after the forum upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I had this for a few days then it finally went away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It hasn't gone away for me yet. Glad to hear that's a possibility!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These pop-ups are really a pain in the a...rm - how can I get rid of them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if the people who can't get rid of the popups have their browser set to clear cookies every time they close the browser? For me the "read" status of posts is held in cookies, rather than tied to my login (so if I read a post while logged in at work, when I go home, that post is "unread"). I imagine the forum new features could be held in cookies as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amebr, thanks for this thought!

However, on my workstation (where I'm now) in FireFox cookies are kept after close of the browser - an on the other machine (iPad) I have no change to set anything in that FireFox.

I have noticed that in this forum (using-the-community-discussions) no pop-ups annoy me, but in framemaker-discussions they appear every now and then - in my opinion randomly to often...

It seems to me that the pop-ups appear only, if there are unread posts on that web-page.

Heck, I do not need such pseudo-intelligent (MS-style) information and interruptions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines