• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to post a screenshot in the forum...

LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oftentimes we ask forum users to post a screenshot, but it seems more and more new computer users have no idea how to do that.  So I have written a short FAQ entry to explain: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933

Please feel free to suggest improvments or clarifications to the topic.

P.S. there are many good topics to be found in the Forum FAQ, e.g. John's post how to upload an attachment http://forums.adobe.com/thread/918624

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good stuff, Pat

I might suggest that you edit the document to move the end bit to the beginning. That alerts folks straight away that attachments don't work and sort of sets the stage for explaining why the article is needed to begin with.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicely done, Pat!

Suggested additions: Screenshots demonstrating what your words explain. As I'm sure you know, many people don't read carefully, so images are a good alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri,

Also, with some of the Adobe products, such as Photoshop and Premiere Pro, showing the program screen, with certain Panels visible can show in one image, what it might take 10 paragraphs to explain. Just a look at the Image and the Layers Palette/Panel in PS can usually tell the entire story. Same for a Timeline view, with maybe the Clip Selected in the Effects Control Panel.

The adage about "one picture worth 1000 words," is very true here, with but one screen-cap. That is why so many of us request them.

I could not help out that much, without them.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So true, Bill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, I've seen and mostly agree with the following claim:

If a picture is worth 1,000 words...

A video is worth 1,000 pictures!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Only if it runs 33.33 sec. at 30 FPS...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat did a good work, and there is a similar thread in the Photoshop FAQ forum with many screenshots for most steps, as Terri suggested: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/963429?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2012 Sep 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's indeed a very good set of instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Pierre,

Just added that link to my Premiere "screen-caps" article. Thank you.

Appreciated,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat,

Very good. I have also done similar, and have the article in the Adobe Premiere Elements Tips & Tricks sub-forum: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/592070?tstart=30

When I encounter a newer user, and request a screen-cap, I normally add that link.

Thank you,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Pat, in your 'Windows XP and earlier' section, maybe adding a link to Windows Help & How-to would also be helpful > http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-xp/help/setup/take-a-screen-shot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RickCP wrote:

Hey Pat, in your 'Windows XP and earlier' section, maybe adding a link to Windows Help & How-to would also be helpful > http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-xp/help/setup/take-a-screen -shot

I would also put a link for Jing - a free tool from TechSmith for XP machines.  Print Screen may not be suitable for everybody.

<http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html?gclid=CPTC1Yzaz7ICFUbMtAodT2sAPw>

The users should be told to look for Free download button:

2012-09-25_0341.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, All; I will do some editing today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you edit the document to move the end bit to the beginning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was not a good idea; I moved it back to the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines