• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to quote previous post?

Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find any way to quote an entire previous post, or parts of it.

Has this functionality been removed?!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

That was a Jive feature. Khoros (currently) can't quote text, although it is one of the improvements that Adobe has requested of them and is, I think, in development.

I'm afraid you're going to have to copy and paste the text you want to quote until the feature is added. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a Jive feature. Khoros (currently) can't quote text, although it is one of the improvements that Adobe has requested of them and is, I think, in development.

I'm afraid you're going to have to copy and paste the text you want to quote until the feature is added. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

like this:

"I'm afraid you're going to have to copy and paste the text you want to quote until the feature is added. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your replies,

and remain facep🤦‍:male_sign:🤦‍:male_sign:🤦‍:male_sign:🤦‍:male_sign:🤦‍:male_sign:ing about the unbelievable anachronism of not having a quote function in a forum software in 2020, when every other forum freeware has had this for like 20 years.

David_G_P_3-1594823906760.gif

David_G_P_4-1594823906760.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Khorus has been something of a mess from the outset. I still don't understand the rationale for choosing a platform missing so many features that are standard elsewhere. My biggest beef is that, while we finally have a way to quickly find the most recent response in a thread, there's no easy way to find other recent responses that can be scattered over multiple pages, and this issue is exacerbated by the nesting replies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well said, linsims.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still don't understand the rationale for choosing a platform missing so many features that are standard elsewhere.

That sounds like a similar "rationale" as the ones that have lead to ruining their own products like for example Adobe Acrobat. 

Textbook cases of utter management screw-up.

Another "great" (read: moronic) feature is that you are notified of your OWN forum posts via e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines