• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Humble Request for One Big Imporvement

LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2009 Sep 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the "new & improved" search function is not yet ready for "prime time," I find myself hunting the fora for that ONE article that will solve a poster's problem. On the busy fora, this article might be 4-5 pages into the forum. If you navigate to, say page 4, and then actually look at any article, you are then dumped back to page 1, if this is NOT the one you want. Heaven help you, if you post to something beyond page 1. If I have navigated to page X, I want to be able to return to page X and NOT have to navigate back to that spot. First, you see only pages 1 & 2. You need to hit Next to open things up a bit, and often Next again. Was I on page 6, or was it 7? Now, I have to look to see if I recognize the titles.

Please, whatever it takes, if one has gone to page X, let them have a way to get back to page X without the gyrations. This is obscene.

Hunt

PS - it is especially bad, when it's taking 1-2 mins. to just load a page on a T-1. When one is a old, as I am, it's tough to remember what one was looking for, let alone what page they had navigated to.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2009 Sep 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use google from outside the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2009 Sep 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edited and content deleted as i go the wrong end of the stick...

-Jhabrix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than clicking on the article in page 4, right click on it and choose either "open link in new window, or open link in new tab".  When you are done with article close tab or window and you will be back on page 4, where you started.

What you describe is not restricted to these Jive fora.  There are also many other web places out there where if you are on page 4 and click on article or picture, hit back arrow  you are dumped back to page 1.  Very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt,

Thank you. I will definitely try that.

Maybe it's just a case of "light one candle, rather than curse the darkness... "

You may have saved a lot of cursing,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than clicking on the article in page 4, right click on it and choose either "open link in new window, or open link in new tab".

Curt,

Thank you. It worked perfectly. Now, it's rather a "DUH! Moment" for me. I looked of a smilie with "egg on my face," but didn't see on in the list that I had.

Greatly appreciated, and has cut down on my cursing. Gotta' find something else to be mad about...

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gotta' find something else to be mad about..

Kind of along the same lines...

When you are on the Main Page of the forums the Product, Player, and Reader forums "drop down tab" is always open. If you click into an other "drop down tab" and go back, it defaults to the Product, Player, and Reader forums "drop down tab" being the one that is open. It should stay on whatever "drop down tab" you 1st clicked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines