• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am getting weird and strange language emails from Adobe, why?

Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I receive e-mails from adobe in a language I can not understand.

Why do I get e-mails in Chinese??

I dont speak Chinese.

Unless Adobe tells me that those e-mails are not from Adobe,

See Image.

adobe.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are USA holidays, and there are a few little similarities, but it's probably not good to get into those here - maybe The Lounge? Several countries have "independence days," though they usually differ from Independence Day in the USA, on July 4th.

Glad that you got it sorted out.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several countries have "independence days,"

British don't have "Independence day" because we have been independent ever since this planet came into being!  These days we grant independence to countries that can look after themselves but sadly this has not worked out with some African countries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, as you point out, and correctly, some countries do NOT have an "Independence Day." Usually, the ones, which do, were colonial, at some point in history.

Without getting too deep, "independence" can be an odd thing. To some, it IS a positive turning point in their history. For some, well not so much.

Now, for the first time in my life, I will be arriving in the UK on "Boxing Day." I cannot wait to see people in their yards, engaging in fisticuffs... Actually, hoping to still see some of the Christmas decorations around London, and then maybe Bath (if they are still up, when we get there). While we are thinking of a Dickensian scene, we ARE keeping an open mind, and especially about Boxing Day.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2012 Nov 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, Independence day was a really nice movie, but I didnt know they are still celebrating that movie in the USA. It must be 15 years or so old by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL

Had not thought about that possible tie-in.

Thanks, I need that,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am happy I could make at least someone laugh

Bill Hunt wrote:

LOL

Had not thought about that possible tie-in.

Thanks, I need that,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines