• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't write my own name here... why is this?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

My name is Enrique, Nobody calls me like that anyway, I'm allways and everywhere the 'short version' of my name, since I was a kid. somehow I an not allowed to type it in this community. I'm not allowed to set it on my profile as the Nickmane (error comes up) and I'm not even able to sign a post with my name. I'll try to get around it below puttin a letter on each sentence.

K

I

K

E

Any Ideas why this happens or how to solve it?

(english is not my mother tounge, please excuse lack of vocavulary here)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Hi, @EnriqueRG Can you try again? I made a slight modification to the content filters. We'll still get alerted if someone uses the word as an insult, but it should let you use it as your own name 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

According to a Google search the word is "used as an insulting and contemptuous term for a Jewish person"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea, well, as Ged points out, it can be a slur word. Do you pronounce it like "kee kee"? Maybe use Kikee? Seems to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may change your Adobe Screen Name from your online account.  But racial slurs are not allowed.

https://account.adobe.com/profile

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see any reason why OP cannot use his NAME.

Spanish footballer goes by that name:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kike_Garc%C3%ADa_(Spanish_footballer)

There will always be words that have different meaning in different languages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The naughty word filters will not flag Ki-ke.  The path of least resistance is often the best one.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @EnriqueRG Can you try again? I made a slight modification to the content filters. We'll still get alerted if someone uses the word as an insult, but it should let you use it as your own name 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I don't know what you've done... but I haven't been able to log in  to the comunity until I've changed my Adobe account ID name back to Enrique. Now I'm able to log in again. As Enrique.

Anyway, thans for the help! I see many of you have answerd that my shortname it's some kind of racist slang. Better leave it like that. no problem. I wouldn't want to insult anybody for having what for me it should be more kindly screen name! no big deal.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I definitely didn't do anything to your user, so must have been a coincidence 😮

Puedes poner Kike como tu usuario sin problema. Es un foro multicultural, por lo que siempre hay ciertas palabras que tienen diferentes traducciones. Pero como quieras 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines