• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't need the thousands of foreign language files. How do I NOT install them?

Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why does Adobe insist on barfing thousands of files on the hard drive when many aren't needed by most users.  I'm not saying specific ones aren't needed period.  I just don't have a need for them.  Someone that doesn't speak my language may not need mine.  Why are we forced to fill the drive up with this and what is the method for NOT installing them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2012 Jun 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This forum is to discuss the forums, not products, and not installing products

Start at http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa and find the product you have, and ask your question there

But, in general (it has been awhile since I installed CS5 Master Collection, so I don't remember the exact screens) you need to actually read the options on the screen

If you accept the "default" install option, you get just that... if you want a custom install where YOU choose the options, you need to select that and check, or un-check, according to your needs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines