• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I don't understand how this Forum works

Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question getting the proper version of Flash Player for my computer.  So I went to the Flash Player forum and typed my question into the question box. 

But all I received was a notice saying that no similar questions were found (or something to that effect).  In other words, it did not let me ask my question to the Adobe FP community--it just did a run of the keywords in previous posts.

I need to ask my question to the Adobe community and have just spent half hour going around in circles.  Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 26, 2012 Dec 26, 2012

Since you are able to ask a question here, by clicking the START A DISCUSSION link at the upper right of the main page, that means you only need to find the same/similar link on any forum page

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are able to ask a question here, by clicking the START A DISCUSSION link at the upper right of the main page, that means you only need to find the same/similar link on any forum page

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John.  After a lot of searching, I finally found that link.  Why did they hide it so well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's just Adobe's Way. They want to make it hard to find anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimSned,

I am providing input to Adobe on public access,  so send me a Private Message (under Your Stuff) at top of page.  Tell me briefly  how you found your site and how it could be simpler.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimSned wrote:

Thanks, John.  After a lot of searching, I finally found that link.  Why did they hide it so well?

Because they want very few people to use their forums so that answering the questions becomes as easy as possible.  This then leads to the belief that Adobe products are the easiest to use because few people have questions to ask.

I am amazed you managed to find a way to post your question so perhaps these forums are not for you because you can manage without them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2012 Dec 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason this general discussion forum let me post my question while the Flash Player forum did not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 30, 2012 Dec 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JimSned wrote:

For some reason this general discussion forum let me post my question while the Flash Player forum did not.

These forums are all the same but you might have gone to the wrong forum that has been locked for some absurd reasons.  Have you got a link of the forum giving you the problems?  Perhaps our honorary resident MVPs can help you out.  It is their job to help people here 24/7/365.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

professional.pirate wrote:

Perhaps our honorary resident MVPs can help you out.  It is their job to help people here 24/7/365.

Is it really? Then you should be made a MVP as soon as possible. Your invaluable help is badly needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to the General Forum, which is where my original question appeared.   Since it's answered and I'm happy, I may not appeaer here again unless I have another similar question.   I am a regular member of the Apple Support forums, whcih are similar to Adobe's but a little easier to navigate. Plus, now I know how to post a question successfully so I'm not inclined to pursue it anymore.   Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2013 Jan 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because they want very few people to use their forums so that answering the questions becomes as easy as possible.

That has not been the impression left on me. Recently, Adobe initiated a special department, to better manage the forums, as Adobe realizes the service that they provide. Much has been done to simplify, and coordinate the tasks of using the forums, with some fairly major re-designs.

Have all those efforts been perfect? I rather doubt it, but the process is on-going, with many discussions on how to make the forum "experience," both easier and more satisfying to users - both those who post with problems and questions, and for those who answer the questions. Not every change has improved things for everyone, and I have had a few complaints on some. Still, the effort (and expense) is being put forth. Many are working very hard, and there have been improvements, with more to come. The forums will never be perfect for all users. That is just the way that it is. However, with a focus on "the greater good" of the "majority," then that might be, as good as it gets.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2013 Jan 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is confusing at the beginning. I am new as well and it was difficult to find what I need - I had a problem with the pdfs. I guess that it is just a matter of time, until all new users get used to the platform. I think these forums are very helpful! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines