• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I had a dream

Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I logged in, and the fair forums had returned.

The first words of the first post I read were: "Is it really over?" I was just as filled with relief as was the poster.

I started looking for the threads I posted to yesterday.

And then I woke up, in the middle of the night.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can all dream, but unfortunately we have to wakeup to the nightmare that is the new forums 😞

I’m just glad that the ‘upgrade’ happened well after CS4 was released or I would have struggled to get started with the help of the new forums. I hope they see sense before CS5 arrives and get back to a usable forum that encourages the experts to post instead of driving them away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mulling this situation over, the whole forum merging business is a carry over from the post-merger marketing ploy of making all the applications, Adobe or Macromedia, look the same. "Let's bring everything down to a common denominator guys!  –  the Adobe Identity".

Well, the common interface for the applications hasn't worked very well. Most attempts to shoehorn an estabished modus into a corporate ideal have resulted in a loss of functionality rather than a marketing gain.

The same can be said for the forums. Barring the usual gripes, the old WebX forums suited one group of users and the MM forums via NNTP, suited the other.

Now no-one's happy!

And some board room suit is probably blissfully unaware that (as in most aspects of the business) they are steering the Adobe ship on to a reef.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Big corporation gives a rats behind about customers. I all they care is lining there clothing with all the buckets they can, as much as they, as long as they ca. And if they run it into the Ground athey move on to another Company and do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

No Big corporation gives a rats behind about customers. I all they care is lining there clothing with all the buckets they can, as much as they, as long as they ca. And if they run it into the Ground athey move on to another Company and do the same.

I think you exceeded even your demanding standards of intelligibility there PJ!

roflol.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

PjonesCET wrote:

No Big corporation gives a rats behind about customers. I all they care is lining there clothing with all the buckets of money they can, as much as they, as long as they can. And if they run it into the Ground and then they move on to another Company and do the same.

I think you exceeded even your demanding standards of intelligibility there PJ!

roflol.gif

I've made corrections in quote above what I was suppose to have sent. Sorry about that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PjonesCET wrote:

I've made corrections in quote above what I was suppose to have sent. Sorry about that!

o.O

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines