• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I just received 3 emails from Adobe about badges but I haven't been on the site for years

Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got several emails from Adobe, sent whilme I was asleep, congradulating me for posting and answering questions.

1. I didn't and haven't for at least 5 years.

2. I see no such posts anywhere

3. It looks like a breach, but the mails are coming from Adobe, albeit through Khoros Mail.

Received-SPF: fail (spool5: domain of adobe.com does not designate 18.236.56.161 
as permitted sender) client-ip=18.236.56.161;
envelope-from=community_noreply@adobe.com; helo=outbound-dkim.us.khoros-mail.com;

I've attached the email source html (as .txt) with my info redacted.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Unfortunately, this happens automatically whenever we 'rescue' old content from the archives and move it to the relevant community of today. The post was created in the old platform, so when moving it, it detects it as new and may trigger badges of new posts and similar. There's no way for us to avoid the emails being triggered.

We're working on this at the minute for a few boards, so feel free to ignore the notifications. Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Someone else has posted a question using my screen name, and I got a notification of a "badge" (what a childish feature) being awarded to me.

Jesus Christ what is wrong Adobe? I have two-step verification on and yet someone else has managed to impersonate me on these forums. Please fix this yesterday!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe someone hacked your computer. Is your password different from your social media accounts? 

The other day I had someone change my Facebook to Romanian.  Needless to say, I went back and changed my passwords to everything.  But my Adobe password has always been unique.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No that is not what is happening.

It is from the forum changes made on Friday.

We will be seeing more of these types of posts for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For both of you if you do not want to recieve any emails from thise forum (Community) system at the bottom of every email that is sent out there is a Link to Stop, Unsubscribe, from all email notifications.

Click that link.

2020-04-19 23_00_33-Inbox - Gmail Edc45 - Mozilla Thunderbird.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not enough to unsubscribe. I want to know how the hell is it possible for someone else to post using my Adobe screen name. This is how I found out there were these stupid badges being handed out: I received emails telling me I'd made my first post when in reality it's someone else.

This Community is seriously messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well for your specific problem you should start your own conversation and possible contact Adobe directly as this forum system is not a direct link to Adobe.

Could simply be someone used your computer or somehow gained knowledge of your Adobe ID, Email address and Password used for your Adobe ID.

Looking at your forum profile it looks like you have made 4 posts so far since joining the Adobe forum system in May of 2014. 2 made in 2014 and the other 2 to this conversation.

2020-06-14 10_24_47-About Normatum - Adobe Support Community.png

2020-06-14 10_26_06-About Normatum - Adobe Support Community.png

Did you make all of those posts?

If you did there is no sign of your Adobe ID was used by anyone else but you.

As to the %#$& (used instead of a derogatory word) Badges this forum system is full of bugs and originally only certain posts were carried, transferred, over from the old forum system/platform. Could be those posts you made back in 2014 just recently got transferred over to this new system and that is why you got the email about the badges. They recently made some changes to the available forums and that also could of had an effect of the system generating Badges and sending the email notification. 

I see your 2 posts from 2014 are now in one of the newer forum just created on Friday, Download & Install, and I Bet, in fact I can 100% garaunty, that is the reason for you getting the email/s and badges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-06-14 at 15.40.49.png

Thank you, that is fairly obvious. The question has more to do with my original point.

Why am I getting an email from a site I haven't used in years?

Something is either wrong with the forum software or there's been a hack of it or of my and the other person's account. Receiving an email from a site saying that you just won badges for posts you didn't make seems to indicate phishing or worse. It's good practice not click an unsubscribe link or any link in such a suspicious mail. Someone needs to investigate. Adobe was breached a few years ago, IIRC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Reply to randulo2009. the original poster.

I got an email of the reply you made that is not showing up in this conversation.

See my reply to the other poster, Normatum.

Same applies to you. Forum changes made on Friday and bugs in the system.

If either of you do not care to receive any more emails from this forum/community system then I suggest you use that link in the email you recieved to unsubscribe from all further notifications.

Any of the emails received will work even the one you get from this post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to leave you all in peace as I do not use any Adobe products ever and haven't for years. However, the mesdsage isn't to Adobe but to whoever runs the forum. Now they've been given notice by this conversation and I'll be removing my account (if that's even possible).

If these notices are being sent from activity in 2014, I don't know what to think of the forum software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've received two of these "Adobe Support Community" emails today. Both let me see details of an account belonging to a username I know is most definitely not mine. The last posts from that username were in 2013.

(edit - on further digging it looks like the forum software might have randomly assigned me a new user name. What????)

If these emails actually are from Adobe then something in the forum software is very badly broken indeed. If they are not from Adobe then Adobe need to officially say so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my poost above about forum changes, additions to the number of forums and posts being moved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct in your last sentence.

Just ignore them. Soon they will stop, hopefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here--trying to figure out if my account was hacked because I haven't posted anything on the Adobe Support Community either--maybe once a long time ago but not in the last year

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I've gotten at least 5 emails from "Adobe Support Community Mailer" regarding "you just earned a new badge".

I have not posted anything to the Adobe Support Community recently, so I have no idea what this is about. From the headers it looks like these went to an account I had under a different email address than this one.

Any idea what this is about or if it is something shady?

I’d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
…Tom Waits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore... the new platform Adobe is using for support is sometimes a bit weird

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this email today too--three of them, in fact. As far as I'm concerned, Adobe is now spamming me.  "Congratulations on your first post"--my first post was SIX YEARS AGO!  This is a professional forum, not a game. Please stop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received an email from the Adobe Support Community informing me that I had just earned a new badge for starting my first thread.

Great, I thought. Except that the username was one that I retired five years ago and the thread in question was October 2014. 

Is this a bug? A joke? Or a hack?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... 

10 years after my last post I receive a badge. What a waste of time and energy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this happens automatically whenever we 'rescue' old content from the archives and move it to the relevant community of today. The post was created in the old platform, so when moving it, it detects it as new and may trigger badges of new posts and similar. There's no way for us to avoid the emails being triggered.

We're working on this at the minute for a few boards, so feel free to ignore the notifications. Thanks and apologies for the inconvenience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it has created a profile that has my first name & last name as the username which is a privacy issue.

I really don't want this online but I can't get login to that account to change it. Can someone from Adobe help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see your username as Carey5E8E. Send me a PM with all the details and I'll see what I can do 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines