• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm getting forum emails even though I am not subscribed

Contributor ,
Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I susbscribe to messages that I post or that I have responded to, but suddenly, I'me getting every message that's posted to the Illustrator forum. Make it stop!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Nov 10, 2009 Nov 10, 2009

Go to the Illustrator forum and in the Actions panel click the Unsubscribe link.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand this thread correctly, there are two ways of stopping email notifications:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/520458?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I click on my "Mailing List" tab, I get this message:

Below is a list of forums that you are subscribed to. Click on an email address to add it to your address book.

I see the Illustrator forum address there, but I see no way to remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I cannot help you any further because I don't use subscriptions. I hope that someone who does reads your question soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Illustrator forum and in the Actions panel click the Unsubscribe link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jochem - That did it. I must have clicked it by mistake. THanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2009 Nov 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheryl,

Glad that you got it sorted out. As there are several ways that one can setup (intentionally, or not) e-mail notifications, it's sometimes tough to figure out exactly where, and how, one has to undo it. I've even doine an article in the Premiere forum on how to undo most of the notifications, but there are probably still ways/places that I missed. One poor user seemed to have subscribed to every Adobe forum, based on his descriptions and the sheer volume of the e-mail that he was getting. You are not the first, nor will you be the last.

As I only want notification on but a very few of even my own posts, it's easy for me - so long as I do not hit something by accident.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines