• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i want to delete my post question, why dont you allow it thats so odd?

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete your post if there are no answers.There are great answers to your question, there is no reason to delete.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but how dare you say this,i want for my own personal reason to delete my

own post ?????  whats wrong with wanting to do that ?

why on earth can you not delete a post that the person has created???

Villager Jim

Wildlife & Country Lane Photographer

[moderator deleted private information]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

I think it's unfair asking questions and when the answers are there, to get the post deleted. People are spending their free time to help users out. It's not fair to them to let posts disappear like that. And there are may be other users interested in the answers proposed. You didn't give any good reason to delete the post.

Why users can't delete or modify posts after people have answered is probably due to the software that is used to drive these fora. But I really have no answer to that. I know that it takes a moderator for deleting such questions.

But it seams that it is now settled as Kat deleted the post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo, I respect the person who sent the question and then wishes all to be deleted. This is why I complied and yes- answers were correct and helpful but seems not to the person who posted the question who is number 1 in the equation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it just seems unfair you cant delete your own post i have never heard of

that ? and i didnt get an answer and thought i would scrap the idea so i

did not want to waste anyones further time surely thats logical?

Villager Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jamesd66406762  wrote

and i didnt get an answer

There were answers to the post and therefore it was no more possible for you to delete that posting. You need a moderator to that for you. That is as the system works/is configured, whatever of both is true.

You probably didn't get an answer that satisfied you, but there were answers to the post.

Kat deleted the post, so your request is fulfilled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are free to do as you think is good to do. I also respect people sending such requests and I have edited some posts to get rid of private information that users wanted to get deleted without harming the work of the people answering. You had a reason to do so, I had a reason not to comply.

It's ok as it is. I just still wanted to explain why I answered as I answered.

My wordings were not quite correct:

instead of:

You can delete your post if there are no answers.

I should have written:

The system does not allow users to delete or modify a post as soon as there are answers to that post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why I complied and yes- answers were correct and helpful but seems not to the person who posted the question who is number 1 in the equation.

And what about the persons who spent valuable time in posting suggestions? I for one wouldn’t feel in the least encouraged to continue collaborating if I found that any suggestion of mine had been deleted.

Not to mention that no valid reason for the request was given, and that the author denied receiving any answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who is the owner of the forums? I do not think that those who work to try and answer are the owners- so is the one who post a question the owner? This is the debate for me...

I tried to stay out of this discussion since I am the one who sided with the originator or the questionnaire but seems that the real question here who owns the forums and why do you think that just because you answered- yes correctly or helpfully that you now own the forum. I also gave him a correct answer. I do not know what answer was being requested...but not received.

I am sorry but I disagree and I stand by the ownership of the question whether they acknowledge anything we post to them or not. If they do not get it then we have tried to do what we are here for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With a public forum there is no single owner. As soon as someone answered, that someone is co-owner. I’ve sometimes edited out private information at the request of an OP. The delete request was settled with that.

I consider this one as settled now and all arguments exchanged for my part and will not take part in this discussion anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James, I will delete.

There is also another way and that is image trace in Ai. Give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you

Villager Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines