• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I was under the impression that Cloud ran the latest versions of programs

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2013 Sep 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Illustrator program did i just download. I thought all the versions were CS6 up to date versions of programs. What version am i running now that i became a member of cloud?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2013 Sep 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mistidawn,

CC, the one after CS6. You should be able to use the earlier version(s, at least CS6) as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, This forum is only to discuss how the forums operate, not products

If you go to the Forums Index http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa You will be able to select a forum for Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T Smith wrote:

If you go to the Forums Index http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa You will be able to select a forum for Illustrator

You really enjoy doing this job don't you?

You have clocked up nearly 20,300  posts posting nothing but:telling people what this forum is all about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes would be better to notify that the post has been moved to proper forum. Then move it. There are new people constantly coming to forums That no nothing of proper way to get where they want. And even if they do often they are thrown into the forum. The system is flawed and can not be fixed. So it would be better for moderator to simply move and notify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe.Hacker wrote:

John T Smith wrote:

You really enjoy doing this job don't you?

You have clocked up nearly 20,300  posts posting nothing but:telling people what this forum is all about.

Well, this forum is only for discussions on the forums themselves, and not for discussing specific products issues; that's what the product forums are for. There is nothing wrong in redirecting people to forums where they are more likely to receive useful help from users with experience in the use of each program than here.

And of course it would be better if people who have the power to move threads to other forums did so, but this is not frequent in this specific forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still have to update them as normal.  The download does not assure current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Lastes Cloud version out is called CS6.5. For now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip Jones wrote:

The Lastes Cloud version out is called CS6.5. For now.

What is the direct download link?

I prefer to download myself rather than outsourcing it to Adobe who have MVPs working for nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2013 Sep 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the direct download link?

I prefer to download myself

Creative Cloud does run the latest versions of the programs called 'CC' (effectively CS7), as well as the option to also/instead use the older CS6 release if you want...

And yes there are Adobe CC direct download links that you can use to download the free trials  for any application, without the CC Desktop App or any download manager.  It's the only way to get the offline installers if you want to copy or use them somewhere else, backup to disc media or copy to flash drive, burn to DVD, use anytime without Internet access, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines