• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indent is no longer working

LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sometimes using indentation (Indent) to make some part of my instructions stand out.

For instance I would like this paragraph to be indented.  I just add a little bit more text here for demonstration purposes; to make it a bit longer than just one line - you really don't have to read all of this.

Ok, and now I am ending the indentation and take a screenshot, to show you have I intended this to look like...

indent1.png

To start and end the indentation I have used the 'Indent' and 'Outdent' buttons on the editor

indent2.png

Now when I post this message, all indentation is gone.

Why?  This worked fine until a short time ago...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2010 Nov 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now, while editing the above, I had a look at the HTML code:

<p>I am sometimes using indentation (Indent) to make some part of my instructions stand out.</p>
<p> </p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;">For instance I would like this paragraph to be indented.  I just add a little bit more text here for demonstration purposes; to make it a bit longer than just one line - you really don't have to read all of this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ok, and now I am ending the indentation and take a screenshot, to show you have I intended this to look like...</p>

We can clearly see the style="padding-left: 30px;" that does the indentation.  But after posting it's gone:

<p>I am sometimes using indentation (Indent) to make some part of my instructions stand out.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For instance I would like this paragraph to be indented.&#160; I just add a little bit more text here for demonstration purposes; to make it a bit longer than just one line - you really don't have to read all of this.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ok, and now I am ending the indentation and take a screenshot, to show you have I intended this to look like...</p>

Why are these formatting features taken away, one after another?

It deprieves us of the ability to make ourselves clear to users who sometimes are as illiterate as cows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2010 Nov 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat, the missing formatting features issue was explained here by JVD:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/711818

I also posted there a link to some further tests I performed on the features that were gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Claudio - you did indeed mention indentation no longer working in that topic.

JVD mentioned http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/docs/DOC-1640 in there; I may need to create a Jive account to read it, as I still cannot understand why it is necessary to remove so many features just to deter spammers...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on indentation long ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines