• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign won't relinquish command

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2009 Jun 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is that InDesign is too smart and tries to make too many decisions without me.

Issue 1:

I have text in frames throughout a document. As I go through line by line altering the kerning and word breaks at the column edge (editing for aesthetics and readability), sometimes the changes I make affect lines behind me (upstream, so to speak).  This in turn makes me have to go backwards and look for errors that this has caused.  Is there a way to manually override this, so that any changes I make will only alter downstream text? Or better yet, will only affect text I've highlighted?

Issue 2:

The last line of a paragraph is sucked from column 1 to column 2, even though there is ample space for this line at the bottom of column 1.  When I increase the size of the text box, to allow the line to be pulled back to column 1, it won't go until the text box is large enough to incorporate the first line of the next paragraph (and the blank line between the paragraphs).  So rather than having a full paragraph in column 1 and the next paragraph beginning at the top of column 2 I get a single orphaned line on either column.  How do I tell InDesign to let me choose which lines go on which column?

Please help!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cb, you need to post in the indesign forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/indesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!  I've moved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines