• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting images wrecks my messages

LEGEND ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11foro.JPGIE 11/Win 7: images are inserted at the beginning of the message and not at the cursor position:

Also, I have no scrolling bars at the right side of the message window. I could compose my message as I wanted in FF/Win, but lost the scrolling bars and couldn't write anything else after inserting a second image.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread before, Claudio.

I believe it's bugs in the forum script when specifically run on Internet Explorer.  With browsers - and web pages that alter their functionality depending on which browser they detect - it's often hard to pinpoint who's at fault.

Anyway, the workaround, for those who find this thread, is to just drag the image to where you want it.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can second this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using Firefox and have found that I need to hit return a couple of times after typing the message and before adding the image.

I can compose long messages with images see my message #9 in this thread (you can ignore the actual content - just view the layout).

Cannot use Organizer in PSE 12.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2014 Jun 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding this to the list. Not sure if anything can be done- this seems to be normal "inserting image" behavior for most websites I've visited.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 03, 2014 Jun 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Madison, thanks for adding this to the list. All I can say is that it was never like this before the up/downgrade...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m.m.murphy wrote:

Adding this to the list. Not sure if anything can be done- this seems to be normal "inserting image" behavior for most websites I've visited.

Ach, das ist Quatsch!  (German idiomatic expression to say "That's nonsense".)

I suspect a newly introduced Windoze or Internet Exploder bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this happens when using Internet Explorer, not with Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a prolific screen shot embedder and I have not noticed any change whatsoever.  Images get inserted at whatever point I place the cursor.

The main difference seems to be that I'm still on a variety of Macs, using Firefox (currently 30.0). 

Claudio, traidor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread before, Claudio.

I believe it's bugs in the forum script when specifically run on Internet Explorer.  With browsers - and web pages that alter their functionality depending on which browser they detect - it's often hard to pinpoint who's at fault.

Anyway, the workaround, for those who find this thread, is to just drag the image to where you want it.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can confirm that this does work in IE: Embedded images

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines