• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it normal to get random 404's and error messages here?

Jul 04, 2009 Jul 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really Adobe, I've been seeing this crap on occasion coming to these rubbish forums, and reloading has always worked-- but [edited by host]?

Am I the only one seeing this?  I'll have to save the text next time I get some stupid error message back from the server, for having the NERVE to attempt to actually view a Jiveware forum page.

Jive Software, you [edited by host].

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 05, 2009 Jul 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are like an irritating little fly buzzing round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Bzzzzzzzzzz......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 06, 2009 Jul 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

F@#$ off JJ, nobody asked you for your worthless opinion, stay out of my thread.

And why are mods censoring text that is already censored by Jive with *'s? LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so if you start a thread, you get to pick who contributes? That's different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Ah, so if you start a thread, you get to pick who contributes? That's different.

I reserve the right to tell anyone posting unhelpful and rude commentary to get stuffed, yes.  Even more irony here-- since the reason he allegedly has something against me is for posting unhelpful nonsense and jokes.  The only difference being, he is malicious and launching personal attacks, and I was never like that towards another person here-- until someone else started something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Gawd, Todie's back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure why you're jumping on the forum police bandwagon, but whatever ya want.

(Sorry, I forgot I am a mere <1000 poster and I didn't get permission from the almighty 1000+ club to put state my opinion.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

POLICE????? I'm not the one telling people to get out of my thread.

And FYI Todie is an infamous forum member who's been banned countless times, always makes a new ID, comes back, gets banned for profanity, whatever - and always, always, always claims it wasn't his fault, the big boys made him do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever, I wouldn't have had to do so if I wasn't being taunted by someone trying to.... regulate forum content or whatever he's trying to do.  I'm tired of being told to stop doing things that others here do on a regular basis with no complaints.

But how is this "Todie" person--(sorry again, for not being a mighty forum veteran of 1000+ posts who knows all the forum legends, I must study harder I see!)--going to get banned post-Jiveware, where every phrase more foul than "gosh darn it" is automatically turned into a bunch of ****'s?  Kinda makes banning for it pointless don't you think?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah but he's managed it, had to recreate himself at least once. When you got into 'he started it ' I was just hoping we weren't going to get another 'teacher, teacher, they made me do it' whiner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heh.  Todie sounds like a funny guy.  Anyway, I have never crossed the line of personally attacking someone on this forum (nor will I ever, unless first provoked), but when others do I think the victim has the right to defend themselves even if it means crossing that same line.  Maybe it's a little juvenile but it's no different than self-defense in a fight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ain't buying yer cookies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Really Adobe, I've been seeing this crap on occasion coming to these rubbish forums, and reloading has always worked-- but [edited by host]?

Am I the only one seeing this?  I'll have to save the text next time I get some stupid error message back from the server, for having the NERVE to attempt to actually view a Jiveware forum page.

Jive Software, you [edited by host].

To answer your post: Yes! By at least everyone that post on these forums with regularity. And if, practically live on these forums like some do, you might see one at least ever couple of hours.

It been repeatedly, reported, or talked about on these forums. Most are fortunate in that a refresh, does cause the page to show. I on the other hand, have never had one to come up with a refresh (or reload). Even marking post unread in email notifications, quiting  Browser/newsreader/email client,  then reopening, Then opening again, or even switching to browsers only, and trying to see page still shows 404.

All the bad language does, is get your Blood Pressure up, for something you can't change and apparently Adobe/Jive doesn't have the Knowledge/Desire to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. and there's a 404 thread about it. been going on for months!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually there were 2 as I started a second one after I couldn't find the first. this is really pathetic that new customers are coming in here and are having to complain to deaf ears because Adobe doesn't give a damn.

Yes these Jived Up Jive forums are a joke and the shame of Portland.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines