• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there any way on earth to change screen names???

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2014 Aug 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone set up my account for em to show me something on it and how it works and now I'm stuck with this name that sounds to sassy for computer problems! Any advice would be appreciated... thank you!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Sorry about this, but the system for changing your Screen Name is currently not available via the corporate website.

Since the UI team implemented the new skin for the 2014 release of CC, they switched over to using https://accounts.adobe.com for managing your "profile" - but this is only designed for stuff relating to a CC subscription.

The problem was reported internally in June, still waiting for them to respond. Until they fix it you can follow this link to an unlisted page, where the old Acco

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on thumbnails in my previous post for full size images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for trying to help, but unfortunately I have a different lay-out and options, and when I get to the 'manage account' section there is no option to change the screen-name...... perhaps its different for the british site?  Can I ask what screen name you see for me? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about this, but the system for changing your Screen Name is currently not available via the corporate website.

Since the UI team implemented the new skin for the 2014 release of CC, they switched over to using https://accounts.adobe.com for managing your "profile" - but this is only designed for stuff relating to a CC subscription.

The problem was reported internally in June, still waiting for them to respond. Until they fix it you can follow this link to an unlisted page, where the old Account Manager is still functional:

https://www.adobe.com/account/account-information.html

You need to be logged in to the corporate website before clicking that link. It will work for any localization, including EDU customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much - I knew I wasn't going mad!

I actually got to the same conclusion with adobe over live chat, but hopefully this will be useful to anyone else with the same issue 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

…well, I thought that by posting the entire screen shot, you could see what URLs I was accessing by looking at the address bar.

Of course it is through the corporate site. That's whaat the first screen shot shows:

https://www.adobe.com/account.html

I guess not…

The thing is, I took those screen shots just minutes before actually posting the,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

station_two - the first screenshot you posted was accessed from your bookmarks. As I said it is no longer linked to the rest of the Adobe website. All the 'manage my profile' links were changed in June. That legacy URL is now only mentioned on a couple of KB pages that fell through the cracks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, just access your Adobe account at www.adobe.com, > My Aobe, there click on "My Information View All", and in the following window go down to "My personal profile" and choose a new forum ID in the "Screen name" field.

Screen Shot 2014-08-16 at 5.52.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-08-16 at 5.50.51 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines