• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this the right place to request features?

Guru ,
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is the right place, could I suggest that the select forum combobox should appear in every web page from the forums and not only on the Forums Home Page, it requires too many clicks to change from a forum to another.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 22, 2009 May 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since your point refers to the forums in general and not a specific product, this is the place.

This forum is read by Adobe Admin, so it's up to them to decide what to do about it.

There are a lot of other problems being dealt with at the moment though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 23, 2009 May 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the select forum combobox should appear in every web page from the forums

This is not a bad idea for the Web interface! Just curious though, where would you suggest this (select form control) be placed in the current Web interface? Hmm, maybe under the Browse link in the #jive-userbar-droplink li selector ? That seems like a good place ATM.

[OT]

Woa! Worst case of TinyMCE editor experience I've ever had here! This happens to be the first time I've used this same computer to serve up music (WinAmp [version unknown] on Win XP Pro) while visiting forums.adobe.com. I usually play music from a physical, separate CD player & amplifier or, occasionally,  from a different computer over LAN. (MAN, this is hard to type!).

Any chance you other editor/performance complainants are running a music player while typing in this TinyMCE editor? If so, which OS and player?

WOW, but this is horrid on this dual Xeon box (two physical processor chips plus hyperthreading) in this current XP Pro SP3 boot configuration.

(If no relavent replies to my OT, I may try to replicate later and post results if I can replicate tonight's performanceee.)

--
Mark "Cheers" Boyd
Keep-On-Learnin' 🙂

Message was edited by: Mark A. Boyd - reduced font size on my OT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. Last time I looked, there were around 530 choices for forums in the Search select box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mark A. Boyd wrote:

P.S. Last time I looked, there were around 530 choices for forums in the Search select box.

and

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browse > Forums lead to a full sized list, roughly alphabetical with the addition of 'Adobe' on a fairly random basis - eg Adobe Illustrator but InDesign. Seems pretty straightforward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's also a thread for small feature requests, I've just retrieved it from the next page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It took a bit of getting used to, but have you tried going to History/Show Complete History ? That's how I browse the forums quickly. I think your suggestion is a valid though.

As an aside; Hope they get the e-mail issues sorted soon, (with the reboot today) ! I want real threading and no repeat(er) e-mail posts !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes S.D.A that sometimes is helpful the browse history. But in my case I'm in the Flex Forums, so first I have to go to Flex General then Flex, then If I want to change I have to go back to Flex General to select Flex Data Services and only then I have a browse history, but If I want to check the AIR forums I still have to go to the Forums home page and and the AIR forum also have to choices so my browse history looses not only one but two items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its possible for the forum host to arrange to add a link box to the right column that contain links to frequently accessed or relaed forums.  This is done in some of the forums already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines