Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.


It's still infuriating!

Enthusiast ,
Oct 04, 2009 Oct 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHY can't this silly system be configured/modified/FIXED to take me back to the point in a thread where I stopped reading?

This was a mess in April and it's *still* a mess.

Views

4.5K

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 04, 2009 Oct 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 04, 2009 Oct 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it sure is. 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 04, 2009 Oct 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2009 Oct 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob_Peters wrote:

WHY can't this silly system be configured/modified/FIXED to take me back to the point in a thread where I stopped reading?

This was a mess in April and it's *still* a mess.

Bob, in these new forums it's not considered polite to report again a bug that has already been reported and is been taken care of. The solution to this very minor oversight will come some day. Perhaps when we are upgraded to a somewhat newer version of Clearspace than 2.5.7? So please stop whining. We have guards around here that may not like your attitude.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Bob, in these new forums it's not considered polite to report again a bug that has already been reported and is been taken care of. The solution to this very minor oversight will come some day. Perhaps when we are upgraded to a somewhat newer version of Clearspace than 2.5.7? So please stop whining. We have guards around here that may not like your attitude.

Fine, Claudio.  I'm not trying to be terribly polite, although I think that is what I'm doing.

There is a difference between whining and being fed up with the lack or improvement in these forums.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, I don't think you interpreted Claudio's rather well-expressed message in the spirit in which it was intended!

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

Bob, I don't think you interpreted Claudio's rather well-expressed message in the spirit in which it was intended!

Bob, John is right; you didn't. And this happens rather frequently to me, even in my own language. It would seem that my sense of humour tends to be much too subtle at times...

John, it's comforting to see that there was at least one person that did interpret me correctly. You wouldn't happen to be British by any chance, would you?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They still don't do irony over there, do they?

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

John Joslin wrote:

Bob, I don't think you interpreted Claudio's rather well-expressed message in the spirit in which it was intended!

Bob, John is right; you didn't. And this happens rather frequently to me, even in my own language. It would seem that my sense of humour tends to be much too subtle at times...

John, it's comforting to see that there was at least one person that did interpret me correctly. You wouldn't happen to be British by any chance, would you?

Please forgive me, Claudio.  I mistakenly took my "stupid" pill in the morning.  Ordinarily, I would take it at night when nobody will notice.

I hope the Watchers will not hold this against me

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't sweat it Bob, it had some elements of being an inside forum joke that you couldn't have known beforehand.

If you are lucky, it will be many months before you see the shadow of the ban hammer getting bigger...

@Cap - !

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bob_Peters wrote:

Please forgive me, Claudio.  I mistakenly took my "stupid" pill in the morning.  Ordinarily, I would take it at night when nobody will notice.

I hope the Watchers will not hold this against me

There is nothing to forgive, Bob; my irony/sarcasm was a little too subtle. I only hope you got me right this time.


Don't worry, the Wardens couldn't care less about such interchanges between mere users; there was nothing said against the Forums or against them, so you are clean... for the time being.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 05, 2009 Oct 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got your meaning as well and I am from Southern Virginia.

I have a similar problem as well. And I have a trait inherted from my Dad (now passed away). I can say or write something and to me it means one thing . To others they don't know whether I am joking or being insulting.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 04, 2009 Oct 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

truth be told, imnsho, this is the BIGGEST issue with these forums. most of the other junk can be dealt with, but the terrific waste of time this one issue causes makes it not generally worhwhile for me to help here any more. sadly.

fixing this would go a long way towards making the forums work again.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2009 Oct 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

fixing this would go a long way towards making the forums work again.

Very true! But I don't think many of the valuable people will be coming back. 

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines