• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jive! is a dive.

Advisor ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. I gave it a year and I can't deal with this forums format.  Too convoluted and featureless.  I'm used to sites that are powered by software like simple machines (which is free) such as Luminous landscape (and I believe DVinfo).  All the posts are there, always available in chronological order, going back as far as I want.  Jive only shows me that last 12 hours or twenty topics?  I have to go to my inbox to catch up on followed threads and/or I just miss things entirely.  Searching unanswered threads gives me stuff that goes back months, instead of current issues within the last wekk.  It's not intuitive.  Marking all read is not working, either.  The counter is stuck. 

I've been using Adobe Software since 1994, but will take my discussions back to old stomping grounds.  Those sites might be old fare, but they simple work.  My apologies for sounding frank or terse.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2016 Apr 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peferling wrote:

I've been using Adobe Software since 1994, but will take my discussions back to old stomping grounds. Those sites might be old fare, but they simple work. My apologies for sounding frank or terse.

I've been looking for other ColdFusion support forums, and (sadly) none of the ones I've been to have decent support.  These "old stomping grounds" you type.. any of them have CF forums?  Just curious.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peferling wrote:

Marking all read is not working, either. The counter is stuck.

Mine too !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Les ONeill wrote:

Peferling wrote:

Marking all read is not working, either. The counter is stuck.

Mine too !!!!

Mine three !!!!! PIA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2016 Apr 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a shame, Peter.  And I think your sentiments are shared by many.   Since the last JIVE update, I've noticed a drop in activity at least within the forums I visit most.   I don't think it's coincidence that fewer people are posting questions either.  And the entire Inbox system?  Well...uh... a total mess.

Nancy O.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If only we could convince whomever is in charge of the forums to switch to Discourse.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines