• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jobs Forum

LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2010 Dec 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a thread going around in the video lounge about adding a new forum to the Adobe lineup - Jobs.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/771486?tstart=0

Any why not?  So much of the video production community is asking specifically for Final Cut or Avid editors.  We Premiere editors (who can probably do more work in less time with CS5 than the same guy using one of the other programs) want our chance to say "Hey, don't leave us out because of past conceptions.  We want in".  A Job postings forum here seems like an excellent communication channel for those looking to hire, as well as those looking to network.  It would not be limited to editors, either.  Web designers, graphic designers, as well as video & audio professionals using Adobe products would have a place to find a crew, an employee, a freelancer, or even just college credit or personal experience.

I think sorting it all out by Adobe product would be very cumbersome, so you would have only two subdivisions ot the Jobs forum - one for those looking to hire, and one for those looking for work.

Whatcha think?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the idea, but I'm not the one who makes decisions like that. I'll make sure that the powers-that-be see this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Jim,

how do you answer the concern about the thread

degrading into another craigslist thing where

people try to take advantage of other people's talents

and equipment lists..."i need a red package and i'll buy you lunch and you get it for your reel" type stuff...

would you say that the people looking to hire others

need to offer monetary compensation...

or

just let the list evolve, holistically and weed out the phonies

as things proceed?

well done on introducing the new thread

ALSO:

would you do any kind of SORT BY GEOGRAPHICAL AREA?

i work best by figuring out answers to questions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 01, 2011 Jan 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good idea Jim,

Maybe just get it started with a simple two category thing like you suggest ( want to hire /  want to work ) and see how it goes and what changes could be made to make it better later on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines