• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Jochem van Dieten Must Be Relieve of His Moderator Status (Mark II)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thread on this matter seems to have been deleted, presumeably by Mr. van Dieten

It is my assertion that Jochem van Dieten has abused his moderator's priveledges by innappropriately deleting threads and posts with which he does not agree. He has been rude not only to some of the more 'curmudgeonly' forum members, but also to those whom are not troublesome (Claudio, 'GreenJumpyOne' are two that spring to mind). He has been arbitrary-seeming in many of his decisions as moderator; he has shown himself hostile, uncooperative and on occasion childish. He has not, seemingly, been held to account for his reprehensible, unprofessional conduct, and is (IMO) a disgrace to Adobe Corp. He has no 'people skills' and is thus an exceptionally bad choice for the position of moderator.

If you agree, please say so. If possible, give some examples of Mr. van Dieten's behaviour which illustrate my assertions above.

I am posting this partly to give people who wish to have a venue to complain about censorship (and other) issues may do so without taking up more space in another thread.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Sep 16, 2009 Sep 16, 2009

The fact you can even ask the question speaks for itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 140 Replies 140
Oct 04, 2009 Oct 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah so I was especially POed one or two days, it's not like I signed a contract.  I've pretty much left the product forums.  Maybe I'll continue to stop in and observe the train wreck every so often.

If these forums had doors, they'd have fallen off the hinges by now! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2009 Oct 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r wrote:

I'd have to agree with Curt on this

Well you would wouldn't you?

"Birds of a feather stick together."

And I find the usage of the affected and archaic term "fora" bloody irritating too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Especially as it is now being used as some kind of weird singular noun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

And I find the usage of the affected and archaic term "fora" bloody irritating too!

Here we go again off-topic; quickly close the thread!

Anyway, what's wrong with "fora"?  I get itchy all over when I hear "forums".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You like this?

The video fora I spend time in is just as friendly and helpful as it has always been

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That some people misuse a term doesn't make the term itself wrong.  I like my fora better than their forums.

(Then there are the Germans who call it "Foren"; that makes me shudder!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats just so ilitterate!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 02, 2009 Oct 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pwillener wrote:

John Joslin wrote:

Here we go again off-topic; quickly close the thread!

Anyway, what's wrong with "fora"?  I get itchy all over when I hear "forums".

Because according to Adobe its Forums:

SeaMonkeypicture001.png

Besides Fora sound too much like Flora (as in Flora and Fauna) and accorcing the dictionary included in this forum and Mozilla (SeaMonkey, FireFox, Camino) its not even a word. At least in the English dictionary. now maybe in British , or Australian dictionary

(Please note information is given by an Experienced User of Acrobat. I am not an employee of Adobe.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

J.J. is spot on. Unless you're conducting business in a series of outdoor places in Italy—a thousand years ago—it's "forums."

From the Abridged O.E.D. Enough said.:

forums.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and another thing:

Americans need to quit using "whilst" unless they're fleshing out an English character's traits in their writing. Otherwise, it sounds pretentious and willfully ignorant of the language one is trying to sound so smart about.

Bonus fun stuff:

http://clairelight.typepad.com/seelight/2006/04/strunk_and_ligh_2.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst some of us are not British I kind've want to be.

Phos±four dots wrote:

Oh, and another thing:

Americans need to quit using "whilst" unless they're fleshing out an English character's traits in their writing. Otherwise, it sounds pretentious and willfully ignorant of the language one is trying to sound so smart about.

Bonus fun stuff:

http://clairelight.typepad.com/seelight/2006/04/strunk_and_ligh_2.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should of expected some smartassery in reply to my latest post.

Thanks for not letting me down!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 03, 2009 Oct 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann Shelbourne wrote:

Jochem is still upsetting visitors to Adobe's Forums with his abrasive and unwelcoming behaviour.

And any critical comments about his competence immediately cause him to "Lock" the thread and delete the member's comments.

His arrogant rudeness is totally unacceptable and needs to cease.

This thread is yet another example:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2286696?tstart=0#2286696

Here we have a potential Adobe CUSTOMER who is already distressed by the treatment that he is receiving from the Adobe Corporation being shoved out of the way by Jochem.

Well, to be fair here, that is kinda how myself and quite a few others were saying this kind of thing should be handled (the alternative being forcibly moving the thread to some other forum without even asking the user).  It could have been worded in a less robotic and copy/pasted type of way, I suppose, but that's minor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting... so many posts / replies... but the main issue has neither been consistently addressed / replied to / nor resolved... ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is thread therapy and is less intrusive then most traditional therapy methods. People post how they feel to manage their stress on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis to keep anxiety and depression at bay promoting higher levels of adobe creativity.

shunith wrote:

Interesting... so many posts / replies... but the main issue has neither been consistently addressed / replied to / nor resolved... ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

This is thread therapy and is less intrusive then most traditional therapy methods. People post how they feel to manage their stress on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis to keep anxiety and depression at bay promoting higher levels of adobe creativity.

Aah! So...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines