Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

John Joslin

Oct 25, 2011 Oct 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us have known and been helped by John over the years. He passed away this past September 17th after a fight with cancer.

I've posted this here, the PS Win forum and the lounge to alert his friends. I won't post it again, but he interacted with so many here I though you all should know.

http://www.familynotices24.co.uk/11630299?s_source=arnf_edp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this. John will be sadly missed.

John and The Adobe Forums Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave, although you bring very sad news.

I interacted with John mostly in this forum, where we shared our dislike for the "new" (Jive) version of the Forums since it was implemented. I remember him mostly for his kindness, never posting an angry or disconsiderate response in spite of several attacks he received.

According to his profile, his last post in the forums was on July 20, 2010, here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2987135#2987135

Five days before that, JJ sent me a PM with a message he intended posting explaining his reasons for finally leaving the forums. He had been toying with the idea for several months, but continued posting hopelessly hoping things would change for the better. Unfortunately, this did not happen, and apparently he never posted his farewell message.

I think that John Joslin was such a good man that he wouldn't have objected if I send a copy of that message to any participant who asks me for it.

And I will miss him. I always though of him as a good friend, even though for obvious reasons we never met.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2011 Oct 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone.

I found a later message, from November 2010: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3257118#3257118

His last login was in April 2011

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 27, 2011 Oct 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be curious to see that message as well, Claudio.

John and I didn't always see eye to eye, but I certainly miss his input here.  He kept me on my toes!

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry to hear.

Harbs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting dave.

RIP John.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing, Dave.

I only knew John from this forum, but certainly as a very good friend.

Claudio, I should like to see the message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I could not send it by PM because your name was not recognized by the system. I tried unsuccessfully for five times; and I very much doubt that I couldn't write it properly in any of my tries. I have now sent a copy of it by email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the strong message, Claudio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Claudio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Claudio, if you don't mind, I'd like to see it too. I'm at aikodude at yahoo dot com.

Thanks, Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder whether it would be all right, maybe even better, to have it posted here.

What do you say, Dave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen it, I assume because the PM interface is giving Claudio trouble, but I don't think it would be appropriate to post it publicly if John didn't choose to do so.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's because I tried to forward it to you when I didn't have the time to do so, and when I couldn't, I left it for later and obviously I forgot about it. And also I am now doubting if it is appropriate to propagate a private message that his author didn't post for unknown reasons...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds reasonable to me.  Just hold onto it then.  There's likely little to be gained by passing it around.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines