• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Joke...

Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2009 Aug 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just love the way we're all diddling around in here hoping against hope that things will improve. Posting messages, complaining, hoping... It's quite clear. Adobe doesn't give a rat's rear end. Any marginal improvements are purely a result of usage and becoming used to the present depressing, dismal and defunct scenario. No major changes have happened or are likely to happen. The forums are vitiated. The newbies and casual visitors don't care or know the difference.

In other words the joke is really on us... the old timers... the ones who have a yardstick, albeit fastly evaporating, of what once was...

Well,

Cheers...

JJ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 16, 2009 Aug 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Probably my last post before being kicked out, and until next time I come back and log in again.

Phillip, because of my limited knowledge of the English language, I nearly always find it difficult to follow you but, are you seriously saying that a sense of community does not help in getting more (high quality?) information to come across, and in getting more people to learn more (valuable?) things? If you are, you have fallen quite a lot down in my scale of friends. Out of it, as a matter of fact.

On the same line: I had the largest respect for Jochem and the valuable work he was doing to repair these forums within his limited powers. Unfortunately, his new powers have changed the situation completely, and I now think he is doing the forums much more harm than any good. Pity, and such a waste, because he is a most talented man, but it would seem that feeling like a cop has been too much for him. Although I shouldn't be so ungrateful: he hasn't censored me ... yet.

NO! I did not say that, I said S.D.A said that.

Actually I had I believe the opposite is true. I said that when you have a sense of Community in Forums/Newsgroups you tend to learn more things, and learn them better.

Please re-read my previous comments. and go back and read S.D.A.'s comments in previous post. He believes if wants comradeship, or interpersonal relations, he wants face to face. a Computer is strictly for information. It sounds as if he doesn't even send emails to his relatives.

That's not me.

While a lot of people I've never seem face to face, I feel that I know them, because of interaction with them on internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not logged out, don't ask me why.

Phillip, I have always thought you are a most honest and well intentioned man in spite of your difficulties in writing. Thanks for reassuring me. I will of course take your word for what you say; one of the reasons for my leaving the forums is that I was wasting too much time in trying to achieve anything. And searches, which had become difficult in the old forums, are now virtually impossible.

Please forgive me for misunderstanding you, but what you wrote is still a little ambiguous, at least for this one non native English speaker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to explain it better, than to simply say, Help Forums should foster a sense of Community. Without the Community, little information is taken seriously, little information learned.

If forums are cold and impersonal, then they are passed through very quickly, never to be a return trip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

I don't know how to explain it better, than to simply say, Help Forums should foster a sense of Community. Without the Community, little information is taken seriously, little information learned.

If forums are cold and impersonal, then they are passed through very quickly, never to be a return trip.

Well said Phillip....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2009 Aug 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Wonder where Pierre went? "

I'm still here, but very less often. Less time on my hands, plus each time I come back, I have to login, so I can't post as freely as I wish...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2009 Aug 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also forgot to mention that I am now getting the 404 error when trying to use the workaround for going to the last post, not only in Explorer (Win), but also in Firefox (Mac) and Safari (Win).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would the person who removed my comment from this thread kindly tell my *why* that action was taken?  My comments were pretty neutral and were not a "rant".

So tell me WHY some people arbitrarily remove comments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one?

Agreed!  I have been in Europe for about 3 weeks with a horrible internet connection.  Consequently, I didn't even try to connect.

So, I hoped that upon my return home SOMETHING would have been improved/fixed/upgraded.  Alas, nothing that I see has changed.  I have also yet to see a single request from the beta period get implemented.

Should be obvious. Off-message. didn't you know? Everybody's happy now, we know this because of the lack of complaints.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was so hoping to see a joke at Jive's expense here, come to find out-- this forum is the joke, and it's at our expense.  @#$%!

And +1 to PJ above too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, to me it does not look like a joke, but as harakiri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the LOLs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just heard that Ramón has been banned - no notification, just this when he tried to log in : http://forums.adobe.com/login.jspa?loginBanned=true

He only found out, not having tried to log in for some time, when he got an email that a post of his from back in June had been reported for abuse and the content removed. He tried to come back to investigate and discovered his ban.

What terrible thing did he say? This:

Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 08:58:54 -0600
To: Ramón G Castañeda <xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Your Adobe Forums content has been removed

Hello,

The content you posted below was reported for abuse and removed by our moderators:

Subject: Re: ACR + Canon 5d2 with firmware upgrade?

Otherwise, the forum search box is at the top right-hand corner of this page.

Posted: 6/23/09 8:05 AM

Please review the Adobe.com Terms of Use agreement at http://www.adobe.com/go/gftray_foot_terms and the Adobe Online Forums Etiquette and Best Practices at
http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414764.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What terrible thing did he say?

He is often very outspoken and doesn't suffer fools gladly but I don't recall anything he posted being "banning" material!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't suppose he cares, he'd left anyway - only that bizarre email led him to try and come in again, he wouldn't even have known.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He'll be missed.

For all his grumpiness, he handed out more really useful and accurate Photoshop information than any other user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 17, 2009 Aug 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ramón banned?  Hard to believe.  He certainly placed me in the "insufferable fools" category on two occasions.  Basically, he implied that my opinion did not matter.  While I believe he was less than polite, I never saw any reason for him to be banned.  There has to be an underlying reason for this.  Perhaps, criticism of Adobe is the real answer.  Very sad indeed, if that is the actual cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The banning is probably a mistake...

Funny seeing this on the 2nd page here before I posted this too: "THERE ARE NO VISIBLE MESSAGES IN THIS THREAD. THIS CAN HAPPEN IF MESSAGES HAVE BEEN HIDDEN BY A MODERATOR, OR HAVE BEEN REPORTED AS ABUSIVE."  More deletions?

What is with the mass deletions lately?  Maybe it's time to PM some Adobe admins, seems like a rogue moderator has lost it and decided to start deleting at random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15 posts out of 55 have been deleted....

Strange goings on here....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: Double posting due to these Jive forums...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

The banning is probably a mistake...

Funny seeing this on the 2nd page here before I posted this too: "THERE ARE NO VISIBLE MESSAGES IN THIS THREAD. THIS CAN HAPPEN IF MESSAGES HAVE BEEN HIDDEN BY A MODERATOR, OR HAVE BEEN REPORTED AS ABUSIVE."  More deletions?

What is with the mass deletions lately?  Maybe it's time to PM some Adobe admins, seems like a rogue moderator has lost it and decided to start deleting at random.

Its funny go to the Mac Photoshop forum I have never seen so many unanswered questions. And a lot of the answers are the blind leading the blind. I just don't care anymore, Why should I? Adobe doesn't care. I'm convinced Adobe has done this because their revenue is down not selling enough CS4s, a crappy forum will will drive people to spend money at tech support instead of come here. I also have a feeling that CS5 will not sell well either. Since its only Intel friendly. It should have been a Universal Binary like CS3 and 4. There are still many PowerMacs being used and with the down economy new computers just to use new Adobe software is not a priority. So we can see more layoffs and cutbacks at Adobe.

Why am I still here? Well its that watching a train wreck thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's crazy Buko- I'm glad the Flex forums aren't so bad (probably since it's a hot new technology now) so I can't say I fully understand, but wow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 28, 2009 Aug 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Passengers can't get out of their seats without having to login/register as the train leaves the bridge, crashes into the Titanic and the Hindenburg goes up in flames as all the worst disasters in history become rolled up into one forum experience.

Even the world economy has gone down since these forums were introduced.

But don't worry. Everything will be alright.

Jive 2.0 comes out next month and it's a free upgrade. Requires TSR-80 OS and below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 29, 2009 Aug 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a joke to think any of this will ever be "fixed" as the apologists for Jiveware claim:

fail2.jpg

Titanic

Hindenburg

Oil for Food

Soviet Union

Tacoma Narrows Bridge

Enron

GM

Jive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 29, 2009 Aug 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Why am I still here? Well its that watching a train wreck thing.

Me too... Kind of sick fascination huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 30, 2009 Aug 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Feels more like we're staring at the moisture evaporate off this:

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:7PUGaVANHBmniM:http://theithacan.org/blogs/collegeave/files/2007/11/poop.gif

I'm just trying to figure out if the pile is purely Jive Software, or Adobe as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines