Known Issues in new skins

Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2012 May 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issues reported in the forums that are being worked on:

1. Not showing count of user messages next to their names in a thread
  2. No "in response to" or item numbers/links in messages in a thread
  3. Status levels are not displaying an image (meatballs, sausages, red bars) or status level name, just saying Community Member
  4. Your Stuff lit link causes user bar items to wrap to a second line
  5. No "show most recent post" link at the top of each thread.(It ssays Latest Reply now)
  6. No "reply to original message" Link
  7. No "go to original post" link at the bottom of the page
  8. No link to last post at the top of the page (same as #5)
  9. Avatars in replies are resampled down and look fuzzy
  10. Concerns about the display font (1 vs l, etc.). Jive's editor uses a different font than the actual message posts.
  11. No navigation links at top of page for threads with multiple pages. If you click into a message that has 2 or 3 (or 100) pages of responses there is no indication that you've been plopped down in the middle of the conversation. This is compounded because the initial message is not differentiated (See #18) and all pages in the thread look alike.
  12. New/Updated threads in a list not as discoverable (still say Updated, though)
  13. Inconsistent placement of the Reply button in different locations between question and non-question threads (Was this Helpful link in the question threads in first position, Reply in first position in non-question threads). Was this helpful slow to load, so buttons move around as you try to click on them.
  14. Advanced Editor not available when replying to posts
  15. Code in messages (via Advanced editor) is very large:
    http://forums.adobe.com/thread/999038
  16. Replies posted by the person who created the thread are no longer highlighted in the thread.
  17. Initial message not styled different from replies. And all replies run together in the seamless gray background (related to #16)
  18. Adobe Employee status doesn't need to be bright orange. But should still be obvious.
  19. Your own posts are no longer styled different from other posts in a thread
  20. Keywords difficult to see (white on gray on gray)
  21. Too much wasted vertical white space on Discussions page (http://forums.adobe.com/message/4383393#4383393)
  22. User Names wrapping under Avatars
  23. The MORE link on the thread list on the Overview page takes you to the Disussions page which makes all the breadcrumb links point to Discussions. It isn't clear how to get back to the Overview page from there (click on the large forum name that doesn't look like a link).
  24. Trademark, Copyright, Registered Trademark symbols unreadable on main forum page
  25. Going back to the list of discussions takes you back to the latest in the list instead of taking you back where you were when you clicked to go into a discussion.
  26. Title of thread not displayed when thread grows to more than one page of messages
  27. If you reply to a message in the middle of a long multipage thread your are taken to the end of the thread instead of staying on the page you were on when replying and it is difficult to go back and pick up again where you were when you posted the reply.

PLEASE NOTE: You may need to clear your browser cache to see some of the updates/fixes as they are released in the forum.

The Forums team is planning reqular releases with new enhancements and fixes soon.  Please report additional items and check back soon for updates on release timing and status.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 245 Replies 245
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update has been delayed. Now scheduled for 4am pacific time. Should be back online around 6am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The legend still needs a patch - we're running gray icons on an identical gray backgound, so the only visible pixels are from the (now incorrect) matte to white. "New" is equally hinky:

af-legend.gif

To quote Zaphod, "It's the weird colour scheme that freaks me. Every time you try to operate one of these weird black controls, which are labeled in black on a black background, a small black light lights up black to let you know you've done it."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow!  Thise are great color choices.  I can almost read the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, where are you seeing the legend like that with those items in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2012 May 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/threads

John Cornicello wrote:

Dave, where are you seeing the legend like that with those items in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One suggestion in connexion with the information under the avatar still under construction:

The post count is related to the date mentioned and is probably right, but for many of us, the date has nothing to do with the date of joining the forums. It is merely a date

I, for one, started posting in two of the forums in the previous millennium, so I was a well established native that late summer day in 2006. Some natives that were already there when I joined have even later dates under their avatars, as far as I remember as late as some time in 2009.

And one of the most knowledgable natives I have ever met, and who has seemed to have always been here (and has posted as lately as yesterday), has no post count and no date at all (and even no (default) avatar at all), thus seemingly having managed in some way to escape back to the bliss of the fair forums where all were equal.

I presume it has to do with the merging of forums and earlier attempts to change the forum formats, (some of) the natives of the WebX forums having a greater part (or all) of their past left out.

I would suggest the wording:

[Number of] posts

Since [day]-[Month]-[Year]

This would be correct/coherent information, as well done as it can be when the original date of joining the forum is lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I think you are absolutely right. And while we are at it, why not also ask to have that info centered with respect to the avatar? Having avatar and info all left aligned looks very weird to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The info under the avatar actually did have "Since" in it, but it totally messed up the formatting and alingment, so has been taken out for now.

I"ll take a look at the search issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, John.

You are right about the use of the word since. I just looked into my archive, and it was in the first line with the post count.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

The info under the avatar actually did have "Since" in it, but it totally messed up the formatting and alingment, so has been taken out for now.

I must say that the alignement of the info in the opening message is much better than that of subsequent ones:

Alignement.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The post information appearing in italics again tells me that you are seeing old cached info. It should be a roman sans serif font, not italic, and smaller than that in your screen shot...

postnumber.png

How are you clearing the cache? I posted the instructions for XP/IE8, but I don't have the instructions for Win7 yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Cornicello wrote:

The post information appearing in italics again tells me that you are seeing old cached info. It should be a roman sans serif font, not italic, and smaller than that in your screen shot...

postnumber.png

How are you clearing the cache? I posted the instructions for XP/IE8, but I don't have the instructions for Win7 yet.

To your first point: it's not the italics that bother me; it's the left alignment. The centered alignment used in the opening message of each thread is much nicer looking.

To your specific question: I used the normal and easy way of going to Tools > Internet Options > General, and clicking on the Delete button of the History section, which took me to a list of things to eliminate. I selected just Cookies, and clicked on Deletebutton at the bottom of the popup window. Cookies were eliminated, because I had to login again in all the forums I frequent, including non-Adobe ones.

As you say that I am still using old cached information in spite of this, I will now try deleting cookies based on what you posted in the other thrad. If I succeed, I will post there how I did it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not saying that the italics bother you. But seeing italics there means you are not seeing the correct data.

The browser cache is not related to cookies or history. In IE8/XP you need to go to Tools > Developer Tools and then select to clear the full cache or only the current domain. I am hoping that it is similar in Win7.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. In the meantime, I had done what you say in the other thread, and it worked (you can see that I am again posting in my beloved Verdana). I reported this in the other thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, shouldn't we get rid of this by now?

Announcement.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It lasts 24 hours and goes away on its own. Probably hasn’t hit the 24 hour mark yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not quite see what the point is of having the Last Post Date and Modify Date twice...:

dup.PNG

One is clickable (leading to the last post in the topic), the other one is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess it would be useful if the Last Post always pointed to the last post, and the Modify Date always pointed to the last modification in the thread. But as numerous examples show, if the Opening Message is modified, both the Last Post and the Modify Date point to the posting of the OP, when LP should point to the last post in the thread (with a link to that) and the MD should point to the time when the OP was last modified (with or without a link). This remains unchanged until a new message is posted (or a different post is modified ? I don't know).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topic pagination; I am pretty sure we had that on top and the bottom of the topic page previously, now it is only at the bottom.  Please put it back on top as well!

pag.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat Willener wrote:

Topic pagination; I am pretty sure we had that on top and the bottom of the topic page previously, now it is only at the bottom.  Please put it back on top as well!

pag.PNG

Pat, unless I'm not understanding things, this is #11 on the opening message...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2012 May 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

Pat, unless I'm not understanding things, this is #11 on the opening message...

Thank you Claudio; you are right.  I should have checked the list before posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few more obsevations:

The Ask a Question, which seems to have replaced the Search, seems to have lost the additional options.

This means that more specific searches, and all the additional options that were described here,

http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-1021

are lost.

The Search box mentioned in that Document is no longer there at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of the video tutorials are out of date, as explained by the note in red at the top. I'll record new ones once the new interface is more stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cleared all my caches in Explorer/Win7 to get rid of this:

Clutter.JPG

Unfortunately, I didn't.

And I have just noticed that I have no obvious way of getting to the last post of this thread. If, on the main page of this forum, I click in ther "Last post" (two weeks ago) button of this thread, I am taken to its opening message. If I click on the "Reply" button of the opening message, I'm taken here

Lasdt.JPG

(I have reported this several times). (Also notice that I am not getting any Advanced Editor button). And if I click on the Latest Reply button at the bottom of the opening message, I am taken back to the opening message. Hopeless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those all indicate cache issues to me. Advanced Editor is back.

As for getting to the last message, the link in the Last Post column goes to the message that was last modified. If someone has edited the original post and there have been no new replies yet, it will go to the original post. If you try it now, it should go to the last reply, as I haven't done any more edits to the initial post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines