• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last Night - The World Changed

LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2009 Nov 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, did the Poles flip, and I missed it? Was there an alignment of some planets, or something?

I will not bore you with Adobe I.D. changes, or missing Log-Out buttons, as they have been covered in other threads.

With those "changes" elsewhere, I have observed two oddities with the new, maintained forum. While typing, hard returns will be added at random. Also, the Block Quote works seldom, and one often has to try it several times, with deletions and pastes.

During the course of last night (11-16-09) I also lost all but one Adobe registration - about 20+ going back decades. I assume that they are still around, though do not know where. Check yours. Are they all still in place? Filed a case with Adobe, and I expect all to be found. Still, something to worry about, if one had some issue. Check this out on your profile.

Good luck, and hope that things sort completely and settle down.

Hunt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

While typing, hard returns will be added at random.

It seems to be one of the new features of Jive Software's Clearspace ® 2.5.16.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah ha!! I thought there was a problem with typing and hard random returns. I thought my keyboard was messing up. I just thought it was me. Glad someone else noticed it too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More quality work brought to you by the makers of Jiveware™.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2009 Nov 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They've rolled back the clock.... we're now back in time to version 2.5.16

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That hard return thing just happened to me on a differe

nt thread - see, it did it again!

Does Jiveware have some "thing" over Adobe, a dirty secret that they are using to blackmail them into continued use of this POS software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Jiveware have some "thing" over Adobe, a dirty secret that they are using to blackmail them into continued use of this POS software?

Do you mean those Polaroids®... ?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard they were scanned and put up on YouTube...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be. Now if the video was edited in PrPro, from those Polaroids®, it could be one and the same.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2009 Nov 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That hard return thing just happened to me on a differe [Line Break automatically inserted without the user's input]

Ah, but we have been furnished with the official workaround - the Backspace key, and a sharp eye on the screen, to try and catch that line break. Now, if it could only happen when I need it, like just before I hit the Enter key.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2009 Nov 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the_wine_snob wrote:

That hard return thing just happened to me on a differe [Line Break automatically inserted without the user's input]

Ah, but we have been furnished with the official workaround - the Backspace key, and a sharp eye on the screen, to try and catch that line break. Now, if it could only happen when I need it, like just before I hit the Enter key.

Hunt

Yes, I guess nobody would have ever imagined that a workaround for the extra linefeeds would be to remove them manually with the Backspace key, unless been told in a FAQ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2009 Nov 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL!  Claudio, thanks for a good chuckle! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2009 Nov 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Tonight, my Backspace key is glowing red. I cannot touch it, because it's been used so much. Still, the line breaks keep coming. They once (as of Black Monday) came only in the first two lines. Now, when one least expects them, they can come anywhere, way down the text. I've even had some appear, long after a line had been typed, and looked good!

Wow, something else.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote:

What do you mean? We have been upgraded from version 2.5.7! (and the 404 error is still there).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio González wrote:

function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

shunithD wrote:

What do you mean? We have been upgraded from version 2.5.7! (and the 404 error is still there).

right... 16 is greater than 7. for those that are keeping track, that's not a one six, it's a sixteen. glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

right... 16 is greater than 7. for those that are keeping track, that's not a one six, it's a sixteen. glad to help.

Aah... quite...

However, according to someone, maybe Jochem, Jive is actually now on version 4+... so where did this .7 to .16 upgrade come from? Specific to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. The version of Clearspace in these forums is only upgraded when Adobe pays for a specific upgrade, and that's all we get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shunithD wrote:

would be even better if they rolled it back to say, march 2009...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dave milbut wrote:

would be even better if they rolled it back to say, march 2009...

Too true...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dec9 wrote:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2009 Nov 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hilarious.  Is this specific to a single browser?  It sounds like we're regressing back to previous bugs and such.

I'm not seeing it yet, but this is my first post in a while since I rarely use these forums anymore (thanks to Jiveware™).

Another strange thing I notice is that I'm still logged in after over a week.  Was that login problem actually fixed?  (Or am I about to see a login prompt as soon as I try to post this...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was that login problem actually fixed?  (Or am I about to see a login prompt as soon as I try to post this...)

It seems to have been somewhat fixed. Some people are reporting not getting logged out; I was logged out, after my post earlier this morning, but got logged back in again simply by hitting 'login' (didn't ask for name or password). If this means no more logging out while posting, then I'd say there's at least one improvement.

(I also do not seem to be getting the random line breaks, or the name change, FWIW.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a problem for most of us, until you decide to make the mistake of logging on here using a public computer... oh boy...

Not even going to test logging out, too afraid of what might happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you keep all the old adobe and adobe forum Cookies the sign in problems will remain.

In order to get rid of them properly you have sign out of adobe com first the adobe forums go to another page such as you home page. Then locate all the cookies associate with Adobe forums and Abobe.com. Delete them all (you'll need to remeber you username and password.) Type them in and check remember me. Then sign in. Now go back back to Cookie Manager and look at the dates. If some are set for 2039 you shouldn't have anymore sign in problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines