• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[locked] Adobe products inventory - Windows logon script

Mar 18, 2010 Mar 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm a new IT partner for a company who wants to know who has which adobe product installed and with which licence key.

As most people are never in the office I wanted to do this with a Windows logon script (active directory).

Anybody can help me out with a script (in VB for example) to collect all adobe products installed on a PC and the associated licence key.

Thanks for any tips leading me in the right direction

Best regards,

Yannick

Thread was locked by Jochem van Dieten

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest a Windows programming forum, or search at

http://search.microsoft.com/search.aspx?mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like an awfully fishy request How do we know this fellow is on the up and up?

If the request is not my appologies. The way computer, computer software is these days you can't trust anyone. I see constant phishing attempts on my computer thes days. When I first started with an SE/30 and 15.6k POTS line. stuff like this (Phishing/malware) was rare. people had better morals then than today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 19, 2010 Mar 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

This sounds like an awfully fishy request

This is not the place to express doubts on the legitimacy of requests. The proper way is to express your concerns through the "Report abuse" link and have the moderators deal with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goggle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Goggle?

Google maybe

AS I said My applogies if legit. Just doesn't sound that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip,

I have my reservations (and not a table for 6 at 9:00PM), but then so many companies have taken a "big-brother" approach to many things. Glad that I am self-employed.

I always found it extremely odd, that IT departments would hide the Adobe manuals from the designers. They often sneaked in and changed the setups for graphics machines. One client sneaked me into her office, like a scene out of Mission Impossible, to set up her graphics workstation, so that IT could not mess with it. That kept her machine working well for about three years. I also was sneaked in to install all of her updates - I'll do stuff like that for great clients, even if it means repelling from the 12th floor to the 4th.

Who knows who really wants this info? Let someone else sort it out. You and I can go drink our wine and feed the "sea monkeys... "

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is legit. Anyhow if it wasn't legit I would ask for YOUR product ID's

the previous IT partner ordered all products on their name.

I suspect that they used the same licence keys over and over.

We want to have an inventory to be able to have some proof that they are not using the licences as it should be and try to sell them adobe products.

I need to hury because there is promotion going on to buy +5 adobe products.

There are a lot of tools to inventory the soft + licence keys but that means I need to run this program 1 by 1.

I need to have this inventory for monday so it's already to late. Gonna spent my monday running a program on all PCs like a stupid monkey (Belarc for example)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted in the Forum comments forum, which is for discussing issues with these forums, not for discussing issues with Adobe products or services. A better location for your question would be the Adobe Licensing forum where corporate license management issues are discussed occasionally. But since there appear to be more questions then answers perhaps you are better off looking at a third-party forum/solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines