• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit
0

Locked threads don't show up as locked in the forum?

Guest
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like the below locked thread:

"So many feature requests from the old forum are deleted. Why ??"

....wha?  Wow!  Am I missing something or is there really NO way to tell if a thread is locked before you click on it?

Every forum in the UNIVERSE indicates that.  The DINOSAURS forums even did.  I've seen 386 monochrome applications that implement this correctly.

Where are our little PADLOCK ICONS, Jive?  (That's the last straw, bring back WebX!  BTW this is a free points thread. Get your free points here...)

Views

2.6K

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Ansury wrote:

but I didn't see any "Jive sucks" or similar critical comments.

Well Jive DOES suck. That's just a given.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:


....wha?  Wow!  Am I missing something or is there really NO way to tell if a thread is locked before you click on it?

Doesn't appear so. Pretty obvious once you're already in but not beforehand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then again, if you're like me and come in to most threads by clicking on the "last post" link, again, it's not obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web Crossing didn't indicate a thread was locked, either. You had to visit the thread and notice that there was no reply box avaialble. And hosts/moderators didn't even have that indication, they still had a reply box. Now a locked thread is that, locked. Even an admin cannot add a reply without unlocking.

But I do agree that it would be good to be shown in the list and will ask about having that happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guest
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Web Crossing didn't indicate a thread was locked, either. You had to visit the thread and notice that there was no reply box avaialble. And hosts/moderators didn't even have that indication, they still had a reply box. Now a locked thread is that, locked. Even an admin cannot add a reply without unlocking.

But I do agree that it would be good to be shown in the list and will ask about having that happen.

Facts, facts, meh!

(Really?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, really. Each forum system has its own set of "issues." My bug/issue list with WebX was similar in size to what we have now, just different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

My bug/issue list with WebX was similar in size to what we have now, just different.

I can certainly believe that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guest
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least the list probably didn't include extra, useless features (slowing the system down) that nobody even wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guest
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good enough for partial free points, but I didn't see any "Jive sucks" or similar critical comments. So "my question has not been answered yet".

I mean, if a T-Rex could engineer the ancient DinoForum v. 1.0 with locked thread padlocks, shouldn't "Clearspace  2.5.7"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

but I didn't see any "Jive sucks" or similar critical comments.

Well Jive DOES suck. That's just a given.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guest
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

~graffiti wrote:

Ansury wrote:

but I didn't see any "Jive sucks" or similar critical comments.

Well Jive DOES suck. That's just a given.

Free points, cashed in: cha-ching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Like the below locked thread:

"So many feature requests from the old forum are deleted. Why ??"

....wha?  Wow!  Am I missing something or is there really NO way to tell if a thread is locked before you click on it?

Every forum in the UNIVERSE indicates that.  The DINOSAURS forums even did.  I've seen 386 monochrome applications that implement this correctly.

Where are our little PADLOCK ICONS, Jive?  (That's the last straw, bring back WebX!  BTW this is a free points thread. Get your free points here...)

"Reset preferences, update to 11.10.9.8.7.0.1, get the latest video card drivers and treat yourself to your favourite tipple at your favourite bar".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guest
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Ansury wrote:

Like the below locked thread:

"So many feature requests from the old forum are deleted. Why ??"

....wha?  Wow!  Am I missing something or is there really NO way to tell if a thread is locked before you click on it?

Every forum in the UNIVERSE indicates that.  The DINOSAURS forums even did.  I've seen 386 monochrome applications that implement this correctly.

Where are our little PADLOCK ICONS, Jive?  (That's the last straw, bring back WebX!  BTW this is a free points thread. Get your free points here...)

"Reset preferences, update to 11.10.9.8.7.0.1, get the latest video card drivers and treat yourself to your favourite tipple at your favourite bar".

Marked helpful, very helpful! Because I am the OP and I know best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Marked helpful, very helpful! Because I am the OP and I know best!

Cheapo! I thought i'd get at least 10 for that!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guest
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JayJhabrix wrote:

Ansury wrote:

Marked helpful, very helpful! Because I am the OP and I know best!

Cheapo! I thought i'd get at least 10 for that!!!

Ha! You got Jived!

Hey don't blame me, blame Jive software--they're the ones who limited the "good" answers to one per thread!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Hey don't blame me, blame Jive software--they're the ones who limited the "good" answers to one per thread!

See! We all know it's a piece of excreta! They won't even let you hand out points at will!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guest
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, they will, if you'd like I could post a new free points thread. No problem, no problem..

I wonder if I could charge for this free points service!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2009 Jun 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ansury wrote:

I wonder if I could charge for this free points service!

Unfortunately, you can give yourself points...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With apologies to Dave, of course, but then he whacked the idea from someone else! So, i'm not really feeling too sorry!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines