• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Log 'em in and log 'em out...

Enthusiast ,
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be the theme of these Jive jiving forums...

Used to have to log in once a day... now it's definitely twice and maybe even thrice. And of course, you're in and you're browsing and whammo you're out. The worst is the 'OUT' when you're submitting a post...

"When will they ever learn... oh, when will they ever learn?"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Grand illusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 22, 2009 Oct 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

title of thread sound almost like some of the words to Theme song from the old tv show "Rawhide", with Eric Fleming and Clint Eastwood as Rowdy Yates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um, ..... I think that was the general idea PJ!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remember those old neon (why old?!) lights... aka tube lights...  that used blink a few times and took a while to come on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fourth time today...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good grief what is with this p.o.s. today. I've had to log in three times, sometimes the page won't load at all, sometimes I get an error message, and other times it shows that it loads but it is nothing more than a blank page! Not to mention the slowness...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your not alone.  I've had the same happen to me today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to feed them hampsters some more jolt energy drink to keep them wheels a spinning faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 23, 2009 Oct 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kick-a-poo Joy Juice would do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 30, 2009 Oct 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> the worst is  'OUT' when you're submitting a post...

fwiw, I've had that happpen in other web forums which use completely different forum s/w.

I've posted this previously and gotten some ack-ack from the trenches for it, but for the record, here it is again:

This Firefox addon is absolutely worth its weight in gold:   http://lazarus.interclue.com/

Ever had one of those “oh $*#@” moments when you've finally finished filling out a long form, and hit submit only to see an error message? And when you hit the back button, the form was blank... If so, you know you need Lazarus. And if not, you have a chance to install Lazarus before disaster strikes!            

Another must-have FF add-on produced by the same folks is Interclue: http://interclue.com/index.html which saves TONS of surfing time in being able to "preview" a link's contents before clicking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted this previously and gotten some ack-ack from the trenches for it, but for the record, here it is again:

No ack-ack from me. Thank you for the tip.

I'll certainly give this a try at home, where I have Firefox installed on my computer, but alas, here at work I have IE, and don't have the option of  installing Firefox.

fwiw, I've had that happpen in other web forums which use completely different forum s/w.

I'm sure no one will doubt this, but  prior to this lovely Jiveware, the problem did not exist here; the fact that it persists after months of acrimony from the lowly users is not terribly impressive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is one who absolutely refuses to get full of workarounds and add ons just to make these forums work more or less decently. And I have never been kicked out of any other forum, excepting the ex Macromedia ones after the takeover.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shame there isn't a Lazarus counterpart for SM2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think The wedding at Canaan would be more appropriate than Lazarus.

For cool previews I use ... Cool Previews. Much better!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2207

But not the forums, where I have disabled it. Like Claudio I am waiting for adobe to put them right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a screenshot-y mode, here's interclue in action, having hovered over the link to the thread and then over the little "clue" of the Adobe icon, the little popup on the right displays the text of the link's page. Mine is customized to display only the text of the link:

interclue.png

Edit:

and in a really belly-button-gazingish example, here's Lazarus recovering the text that I just composed in the form, so if I'd gotten logged out I could have recovered every word:

lazarus.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2009 Nov 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to log in this morning in the usual way, after the sign in page the browser was sent into a redirecting loop.  After several attempts with the same result I had to sign out of my adobe account at the top of the page and could then sign in to the forums.

What's that all about then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same performance at my office computer too!  

It's high time to abandon this stupid double log-in fiasco.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - thanks, I was wondering how I could ever get logged in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it's not just me!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2009 Nov 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's the ETA to have the login/logout issues fixed?

Is there an ETA?

Does anyone know/care?

Will it ever be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines