• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Logged out while posting an answer, AGAIN!

Jul 08, 2009 Jul 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title says it all.

Jive sucks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote on 2009-07-08 18:13:

Title says it all.

Jive sucks!

The problem isn't caused by Jive but by the way Adobe sets cookies.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

http://jochem.vandieten.net/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, never had *that* happen before ... I pressed the reply link, had most of the reply page load and then Firefox simply crashed. 

Jochem

That may be so, Jochem, but Adobe seemed to get it right in the past, just not now?

And, by the way, that certainly doesn't stop it from being *highly* frustrating!

hopper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The obvious questions that occur to me, then, is why doesn't Adobe change the way it sets cookies? Do they enjoy the vitriol from disgruntled people frustrated (again) by the unpredictable behaviour? Are they not capable of changing the way it sets cookies? Do they not know how? Why is this ***KNOWN*** issue still occurring after weeks of complaints?

Since you are a " 'community' expert", perhaps you can shed some light as to why this problem still persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fr. Watson wrote on 2009-07-08 18:39:

>> The problem isn't caused by Jive but by the way Adobe sets cookies.

The obvious questions that occurs to me, then, is why doesn't Adobe change the way it sets cookies?

If you want to know Adobe's motives I don't think a user to user forum

is the right place to ask.

Since you are a community expert, perhaps you can shed some light as to why this problem still persists?

Information provided to Community Experts is typically under NDA. So

even if Adobe had provided a reason to Community Experts, I probably

still wouldn't tell you.

The reason I know what the problem is is not because Adobe told me, the

reason Adobe knows what the problem is is because I told them.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to know Adobe's motives I don't think a user to user forum

is the right place to ask.

Well, no..... I wasn't thinking they had a "motive" for not fixing the problem.... that question was somewhat rhetorical. To me, to say that Adobe's "motives" are involved means that they could fix the problem, but for some reason choose not to. I was wondering about the technical reason , which is a little different. You are then, saying, that they have a motivation for not fixing the problem, instead of there being a technical reason? OK, fine. You're the "community expert"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fr. Watson wrote on 2009-07-08 19:27:

>> If you want to know Adobe's motives I don't think a user to user forum

>> is the right place to ask.

Well, no..... I wasn't thinking they had a "motive" for not fixing the problem.... that question was somewhat rhetorical. To me, to say that Adobe's "motives" are involved means that they could fix the problem, but for some reason choose not to.

Of course they can fix it. If all else fails by reducing the timeout

on a cookie so people get logged out before they post a reply, after

they post a reply, but not while posting a reply.

I was wondering about the technical reason , which is a little different.

Cookies are well understood. If you want to set a cookie with properties

X, Y and Z, there is no technical reason why Adobe's SSO platform

shouldn't be able to do so.

You are then, saying, that they have a motivation for not fixing the problem, instead of there being a technical reason?

Nice try. I am saying that if they are not fixing the problem and they

had told me their motives under NDA, I would not tell you.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever they can or can't do and will or won't fix, adobe's name is mud round these parts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice try. I am saying that if they are not fixing the problem and they

had told me their motives under NDA, I would not tell you.

Whatever.

I suggest that if you don't want to be asked questions about a subject that you **Will not*** answer, just remain silent. It is rather irritating to have a "Community Expert" say "The problem is such and such and I told them and it's not fixed and I'm not telling you why". It is not helpful, only frustrating, IMO.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be fair, I read Jochem's post as meaning he had *not* been told. I know he's been getting pretty frustrated too at Jive's unwillingness to accept his help on various issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be fair, I read Jochem's post as meaning he had *not* been told. I know he's been getting pretty frustrated too at Jive's unwillingness to accept his help on various issues.

Ah. OK; you're probably correct.....I think you've probably had a lot more dealings with Jochem, and have a better idea how he expresses himself (and what he's already said on this matter) than I do. I think it was the phrase "nice try" which irked me (along with the repetition of the "will not/would not tell").

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote on 2009-07-08 20:52:

To be fair, I read Jochem's post as meaning he had not been told. I know he's been getting pretty frustrated too at Jive's unwillingness to accept his help on various issues.

Both Jive and Adobe make a mess of things. Take for instance the issue

with email getting bounced after 5 days in the queue:

http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/thread/50601?tstart=0

Why can't Adobe just pass on suggestions to Jive? Why can't Jive just

monitor their queue length? This is junior consultant level stuff that

has been dragging on for months.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entire world is in an economic downturn. Many cookiesetters are out of work, but the likelyhood of them being hired or put back on the job is slim to none.

When the economy picks back up, then we can dump Jive and go back to the good old forums where free exchange was alive and well.

Until then, take up some hobby.

Choose a hobby:

1.) fishing

2.) bead art

3.) musical instrument carving

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Methinks that Jochem's not as expert as his title leads us to believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote on 2009-07-08 20:58:

Methinks that Jochem's not as expert as his title leads us to believe.

Methinks he is a fool who lets his opinion be guided by titles.

Jochem

--

Jochem van Dieten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the thing is, it doesn't matter whose fault it is. it's adobe's problem and as it's their house they get the blame. they're responsible for fixing it. it's not jive's problem at all. i don't visit the jive forums. i visit the adobe forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No my opinion is guided by your answers, and I'm not impressed.

Just like I'm not impressed by Adobe's handling of the forums.

At least Quark shut everything down when they screwed up and didn't start them back up till the dust had settled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect Jochem could fix the whole thing with his eyes shut, but has little sympathy for Adobe/Jive people who won't be helped. And not much for those of us who don't understand what's wrong but keep complaining.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought some beads. Least that decision was made and the problem solved.

Far as I am concerned if people shut up and did not say anything a problem would never get fixed.

Just like the Terms of Use Section 8. People who brought up the subject LONG ago were assured that the Terms would be re-written. Has this happened? No. Any feedback? No. So if a subject is not constantly brought up how the heck will it get fixed with no feedback?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes; Actually the majority of the time, in larger corporations these decisions take some time to implement. Being louder or obnoxious doesn't make your point, (Not you personally, figure of speech ).

Message was edited by: S.D.A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

Sometimes; Actually the majority of the time, in larger corporations these decisions take some time to implement. Being louder or obnoxious doesn't make your point ...You have to learn to go with the flow, because the larger the company is the more bureaucratic they are, and the more people that are in on most decisions. <shrug> What can you do ? Nothing but try to exercise patience. [Yeah right Steve] sigh ...

Time and Time again the Adobe staff have said on these Forums, they're aware of the issue(s). So, constantly repeating the same ole, is just not effective. Don't upset the people that can help us, please [Again not directed at you, but your idea is flawed IMO). Everybody has bosses and most likely other departments that have to sign off on each of the proposals; AND then find a budget for it. Tough to do when things are great ...

Message was redited by: Buko

Well this goes back to Quark had the good sense to close their forum when the Sh!t was hitting the fan. That could make Adobe money think of all those people paying $39.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could make Adobe money think of all those people paying $39.

don't steal my idea for a new profit driver! i proposed that week one of the new forums!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S.D.A. wrote:

Thanks for the re-edit, arse-hole !

Hey you posted it. And I made a reply based on what you posted before you edited it. Maybe you should put a little more thought into your rambling before hitting the post button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. But the subject can be brought up in a nice way until there is a response stating that it is in the que to be looked at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of any kind of response from Forum Admin is becoming quite un-nerving.

And not just regarding the pathetic log-in situation.

Are they all sick?  Have they been sacked for incompetence?

Have the forums just been left to stew in a cauldron of bugs?

Caring people want to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines