• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looks like we have to do it ourselves.

Advocate ,
Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we see a thread reported for spam, and report it - it looks as though it does indeed go away if enough people report it, just seen it happen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 02, 2009 Jul 02, 2009

Me too.

(I'm just trying to get her back )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any reported posts go to a moderator for review (otherwise it would be open to abuse). There is no automatic removal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Chris, but I have *most definitely* read in here that after four reports the post is automatically hidden from view. Not deleted, but hidden. It was either Zeno or John who said they hadn't known exactly how many reports were needed for that to happen, but they tried it out and it was four.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zeno. Post #11 here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Zeno. Post #11 here.

Lets report Kath's message #3 for abuse and see what happens.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do it (I've just seen this thread was updated, but with my name as the last poster ????? )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, after my post,  but I think we should have 3 other people mark it as abuse to be sure.

Jay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the theory. Maybe people could say here if they reported it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I just reported the abuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

(I'm just trying to get her back )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watch her get suspended for a week. Oops, so much for the experiment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H is correct, Chris.

Multiple reports of the same post cause it to be hidden from users, but not to Hosts.  Ergo, Hosts have to oppurtunity to approve it or permanently remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So have I just reported a hidden post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all, now we know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10 compensatory points for graf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 03, 2009 Jul 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to tie this off - I've had an email approving the post and it has re-appeared (although now it's #2. Hmmmmm)

Hello,

Though the content you posted below was reported for abuse, it has been approved by our moderators:

Subject: Re: Looks like we have to do it ourselves.

Sorry Chris, but I have *most definitely* read in here that after four reports the post is automatically hidden from view. Not deleted, but hidden. It was either Zeno or John who said they hadn't known exactly how many reports were needed for that to happen, but they tried it out and it was four.

Posted: 7/2/09 2:46 PM

Thank you for participating in the Adobe Online Forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, guess I got that one wrong.

When I read the documentation (what little I've seen), I didn't see anything about automatic hiding of reported posts.

And with all the reported posts I keep seeing, I figured it couldn't be automatic.

Sorry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's still a bit confusing. Looks like 4 abuse reports will hide a post, hosts can yes/no it after that - but I've sometimes seen a bit of blatant spam, hit the button, and seen a message 'Thank you, we've already had an abuse report on this post'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines