• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mail subscriptions: my name within first line of body

Advocate ,
Apr 06, 2009 Apr 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use email filter rules to search for my first or last name, in order to hilite postings that address or refer to me.

Since the email account in use was harvested by spam bots, that rule is also essential to filter out the few direct mails from the enormous amount of spam (after sorting forum mails into other folders).

This mechanism does not work any more because the new forum software includes both names in all postings.

Can we please have an option in the user profile to suppress that first line?

Thanks,

Dirk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd vote to drop all the garbage in the beginning of the post. (Like I mentioned a few times in the testing forum...) All I really want to see is what was written...

Also, a clearer indication of what/who it's a response to would be nice.

And of course droping all the extra garbage in the subject...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gotta agree with both of you. Get to the meat of the thing. We already know who we are. We'll see in time what tweaks will be possible and wanted. I'm betting this one will change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines