• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Messed-up Forum Account

LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2010 Mar 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where does one go to get a forum account straightened out? Through no action of my own, my forum account (JETalmage) suddenly started acting like it was a new account, and all my many existing posts became marked as JETalmage-mzVC8V. That account contains my avitar, history, etc. I didn't do this; the system did. Who can fix it?

Thanks,

JET

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 07, 2010 Mar 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing the name of the account to a different name, then change it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2010 Mar 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This usually fixes itself if you sign out and then sign back in again. But sometimes I need to go kick a server. I'll go try to force it back to "normal" for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2010 Mar 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that. It did not work.

Thanks for fixing it.

JET

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Mar 22, 2010 Mar 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you take a look at mine some time please? Its been like this for weeks now… Im both 'Muppet Mark' and 'Muppet Mark-W5kymp' TVM…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try logging out and back in. It should be fixed now. Please don't hesitate to report issues like this.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 4 trying could you kick it again… It appears to have given me a new name again. Also should it join my posts and points into the original one once done they still appear to be separated? Nice to see you were quick to respond once I had gotten around to reporting it…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it won't combine them. I'll go check on it again...

It looks like you should be set now. You have/are Muppet Mark, registered April 6, 2009 with 274 posts. There is another account Muppet Mark-dyJ60m from Nov 28, 2009 with 142 posts.

If the forum folks figure out what is really happening we might be able to merge the accounts at that time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. thanks for taking a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2010 Mar 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happened again. This time I'm now JETalmage-HJ6L6A.

JET

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 25, 2010 Mar 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening to lots of forum users or just those who are subject to the TOP PARTICIPANTS totting up pixie and her magic calculator… I even started a new account when these forums switched as I was having no luck migrating my old one over. Changed my name as it said my previous one was in use. Used Muppet Mark because I didn't expect this jive thing to last 2 weeks…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2010 Apr 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tetrahedron99 wrote:

Mine is working now 

If "now" means in your first post immediately after creating your account, I would be very surprised if it didn't...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2010 Apr 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spammer. Removed a link hidden behind the smiley in your quote of the original (which has been deleted).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2010 Apr 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new FAQ with more details: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/613050?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2010 Apr 09, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I became Niall O'Donovan-QH4gYn for a short time. I was following the instructions and trying to work out how to log out completely (yes, I am one of the lucky ones that doesn't get automatically logged out).

Anyway while in the preferences section, the Jive software suddenly remembered me and restored my profile.

I appreciate that it is best to follow the instructions and log off/on/off/on, but in my case I hadn't got that far.

This is the second time it has happened, but it just seems to need a swift kick and all is ok again.

Thanks,

Niall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 10, 2010 Apr 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  guess its Jive talkin'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 10, 2010 Apr 10, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2010 Apr 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Niall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines