Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing post(s) in a thread – Kath?

Engaged ,
Aug 07, 2009 Aug 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

I could have sworn that there was a post from Kath in Moderation in this forum aimed at me (replying to me). In this she said something to the tune of me owing Dave an apology for something or the other...

To which i clearly remember replying with a:

What??? When??? Where??? (can't remember the exact sequence ). I could have sworn it was in the forum above... can't find the posts now... Anyone remember seeing them or which forum they're in?

BTW... tried a search... in the forum drop down box, this forum doesn't seem to be there. I'm probably missing something... can anyone illuminate?

Thanks...

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can anyone illuminate?

Hopefully I can, a little.

I can't find the post you are thinking of at the moment either -[edit: found it; square quotes mine for clarity.]

[J.V.D., in a post a while back in another thread altogether] But Dave knows it doesn't work that way anymore. So I am concluding he

is knowingly sending someone the wrong way and being very vocal about

how 'helpful' he is, and would like to know why.

[Kath] See, comments like that (from Jochem) send off all kinds of fireworks - dave's been around the forums since Adam was a lad and the notion that he would behave that way is quite breathtakingly insulting to one of the most helpful and good-hearted people around here.

Policing/moderating by consent is the only way that works Jochem - please try harder. An apology for the above would be a good start.

The thread IS still in the 'Moderation" thread, but is easily missed amongst all the text. (I missed it the first time.) It was Mr. Van Dieten that Kath was speaking to, not yourself.

HTH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sorry - I use flat view, not threaded, and just stick my replies on the end most of the time. To me, it's obvious who I'm talking to, but maybe not to those in threaded view I was talking to Jochem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 08, 2009 Aug 08, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kami / Kath...

Am talking about a one-line post from Kath and addresses to me... The gist of it was owing Dave an apology for something or the other. To which, i replied with a:

Why, when, what, kind of response... can't remember the exact words but there were three of the Ws each followed by three ?s. Can't find either of the two posts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am talking about a one-line post from Kath and addresses to me..

It wasn't addressed to you, that's what I'm saying. Not intended for you. Not aimed at you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Water under the bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, seems to be gone anyway. Just a misunderstanding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's deleted. Stop worrying JayJ.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fight! fight! fight! fight!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

It's deleted. Stop worrying JayJ.

Quite... But deleted by whom and why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kath-H wrote:

Yeah, seems to be gone anyway. Just a misunderstanding.

Gone... yes... but why? That's what i'm driving at... Realised that your (original) post was not aimed at me... so relax on that issue. It's the disappearance of the two posts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get used to it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why was that post deleted?  There didnt' seem to be anything worthy of deleting ... unless there are individuals who are not fond of being asked to apologize??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

greenjumpyone wrote:

Why was that post deleted?  There didnt' seem to be anything worthy of deleting ... unless there are individuals who are not fond of being asked to apologize??

In which case the deleter is hyper sensitive (while having an extremely thick skin?) as Kath's message was addressed to me (as a reply). Inadvertently, as i presumed and she confirmed.

Sad that, though this thread is about heavy-handed moderation and high-handed deletions (and locking) of posts and threads, no one else has protested yet another arbitrary deletion according to an individual's thickness of skin.

Whoosh... this will soon be gone a well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines