Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mistaken PM received

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All:

I was away from the forums for a while and just returned to see I had a message (obviously mistakenly sent to me) by user negale as follows:

"Hi, good morning, I want to cancel my annual order and to download the new order from techsoup the new donation order for the 501 (c)C(3) public tax exemption in which name is Forest Park Restorative Institute Center.  Thanks".

I'm now removing it from my inbox but would like to know:

1.- Is it really a mistakenly sent PM or SPAM (though no links there)?

2.- Shouldn't I have received a notification email when it got to my inbox?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Probably just a mistake, that user isn't active on the forums.

Inbox items will generate an email notification if your preferences are set correctly - click your avatar on the top bar and choose Preferences to see what types of content trigger notifications. If they're set to "Yes" then it's likely the email was eaten by a spam filter - because of the very complex reply-to addresses and subject headers, emails from the forums are often tagged as spam. If possible you should whitelist "forums_noreply@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably just a mistake, that user isn't active on the forums.

Inbox items will generate an email notification if your preferences are set correctly - click your avatar on the top bar and choose Preferences to see what types of content trigger notifications. If they're set to "Yes" then it's likely the email was eaten by a spam filter - because of the very complex reply-to addresses and subject headers, emails from the forums are often tagged as spam. If possible you should whitelist "forums_noreply@adobe.com".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now removing it from my inbox...

Well, I now find myself unable to do that? What gives?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot delete items from your Inbox as they're not yours - the 'message' belongs to the person who created it. Inboxes in Jive are not like email clients, you're seeing the original message, not a copy.

Once read it'll vanish anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dave.

Since when it's this way? If I remember well I could take that action two years ago?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive 7 changed the way PMs work, so you're correct it used to be possible back on the previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another improvement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yet another improvement?

Not to me! It means you now can not clean your inbox off SPAM or unwanted junk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines