• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Modify Jive stylesheet

Engaged ,
Jun 19, 2009 Jun 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can any of you webdesign gurus out there identify the style that specifies the line-height of body text in archived posts?

Look at this post, for example. It would be much more readable if the line spacing were increased a bit, and if I knew what the style was, I could try and incorporate it into my custom.css for IE7. But because there are so many stylesheets loaded, I haven't managed to find the right one. Remember, 10 points for the first right answer .

Or am I trying to do something that can't be done?

Noel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jun 20, 2009 Jun 20, 2009

The css - and the html for that matter - on the old forums was a car crash, good luck making sense of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jun 20, 2009 Jun 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, can't get at it - you've spotted, I'm sure, that in these messages with the 'proper' spacing you've got:

p

{

font-size: 1.083em;

line-height: 1.462;

margin-top: 0pt;

padding-bottom: 1px;

margin-bottom: 1.2em;

}

Can't you use that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for looking, Kath. I've since noticed (an abusive post in Indesign helpfully responded to an archived post, so it was easier to compare) that the archived bit is missing the <p></p> tags that new ones have. How do we get someone to repair this?

You're quite right: the styles you give have to be included in the jive-rendered-content bit. I'll give it a go, if my ten-year-old CSS skills can cope.

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! So far, so good:

Before:

style_before.PNG

After:

style_after.PNG

Thanks again!

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The css - and the html for that matter - on the old forums was a car crash, good luck making sense of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's as maybe, but it looks like all the styling - html and css - is from the 'new improved' design. All that comes in from the old forums is plain text. They just need to wrap it in p tags to style it the same way as new stuff. Perhaps I'll post a small niggle, in case anyone's watching that thread and SDA hasn't poisoned it yet.

Wouldn't it be great if everybody prefixed their style names with something site- or domain-specific (like .jive rendered-content) to make it easy to customize for people with dodgy eyesight like me? Just like ID styles - mine are all prefixed with something that identifies the type of publication, so I don't get them mixed up.

Quick and easy 15 points there!

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You did all the work - pity you can't give yourself points

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines