• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My horrible experience with Adobe

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2014 Aug 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not the best writer in the world so forgive me if my story seems boring.

MY STORY

I always enjoyed using Adobe products at my previous jobs. They are so intuitive and easy to use. I decided that i would use my hard earned money and buy a copy to start up a small business of graphic design. I was looking forward using their products and starting up a small business.

My horrible experience happened when i clicked on the "order now" button

This is my story, experience, and advice to Adobe and to anyone else who is thinking about purchasing software from Adobe

MY EXPERIENCE

It happened in July 2014. I had to go through a lot to purchase the software. When i tried to order it, it said there was an error in my order. It gave me a number to call. Okay. Called up but the number wasn't working. hmmm that's wierd. After going to the bank and figuring out that my online purchase wasn't high enough i thought that would fix the problem.

After a stressful week, i went online and purchased the software. When i ordered it, it gave me a message as if the order didn't go through but it took the money out of my bank. So it seemed fine. I was very happy that i finally bought it.

After a few days, i didn't get the confirmation email that they were telling me i would get. I checked my account and didn't find a link to download the software. Okay, maybe there's someone i can talk to. Hmmm...no number? no chat? no nothing?

After searching the forums i found a link to a chat service. That's good. I chatted with someone who was very helpful. He told me i would can email within 24-48 hours. I waited 3 days and no email.

I then chatted with another person. Seemed very similar to the first agent. He said i would receive an email within 24 - 48 hours. I waited patiently. After 3 days of waiting still nothing.

I chatted again with someone. This time there was a technical problem. wait another 3 days.

Chatted again with someone. This time. A whole WEEK?! A WEEK?

Let's add this up. from the date of "purchase" to the date right now its been almost 10 days

So i am here to wait until this "magic email" appears and i receive my money back.

MY ADVICE: USERS

I don't know about regional problems but i would advice you to buy at an Adobe store, not online. It is much safer and more convenient. Using Adobe.com they seem to keep the money for unclear reason and will only return it to you after a certain amount of days. Its not like they are working on it but they need to clear up any transactions before returning the money to you

MY ADVICE: ADOBE

You need to work a lot more on your customer service. i mean A LOT!! To have someone take a few days to find out how to talk to a human being is horrible.

You need to be more considerate to your customers. If someone is spending $1300 dollars on your product, please calm them down and really ensure them you are working on it. Send emails. Call them. Offer them gifts for their inconvenience

Listen to your community. There are many unsatisfied customers. Instead of worrying about how much profit you can make. Worry about how many customers will come back to your product. If there is a replacement for your product, I am certain they will take the other.

MY CONCLUSION

I will be notifying authorities and my financial center if they do not return my money within the time frame they have told me. This is oppression of your customers and it is not right

Thanks for reading my post

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.—  You are not addressing Adobe here.

2.—  You're preaching to the choir.  Your experience is repeated countless times each day.

3.—  Adobe couldn't care less.  They view their customers as adversaries whenever they complain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps you ought to ask your State Attorney - General. Show your documentation. Maybe they can get fire started under them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be insanely futile, Phil, a waste of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When someone steals your money, should you just lye down and take it or try any means necessary to fight back. Even if you are jyst an insignificant number to them.

The lone fact that noone from Adobe has officially addressed this situation shows how scared they are and that they are unable to fix this problem.

I feel like im in a store and telling everyone my problem over a loud speaker and the only ones helping me are other customers.

So you tell me. Don't you think that this sounds messed up? They can overcharge us for software that we depend on and then they treat us like garbage after we purchase it if we have a problem with their service.

I will be contacting services in my country who deal with these kind of situations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course "it's messed up", but that is exactly what reality is.

Complaining in these forums is utterly futile.  It will only bring you further frustration—as demonstrated by your last post—and eventually annoy your fellow forum users.

Adobe does not monitor this forums officially.  When Adobe staff drops by, the staff members do so on their own time and dime, as volunteers, 99.99% of the time to help with engineering and technical issues—not with customer service issues, for which even they refer forum users to Adobe customer service.

Check out this excerpt from the FAQ link below:

Remember, you are requesting help from other users, just like you, who are giving their time free of charge. No one is under any obligation to answer your question.

How To Get Help Quickly

Adobe "scared"?  LOL ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If enough people from all over the US did it. They "might" take notice

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2014 Aug 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Phil,

Any communication you send never reaches the Adobe execs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past, users were often successful with getting help from adbecare@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help Pat.

Although this may solve an issue. This does not solve the problem.

I want to solve the problem for me and everyone. My still stand by my words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have emailed them as you suggested. Hopefully this will clear up my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines