Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Profile Image was rejected

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I uploaded an image that I created myself, which is original and used in my webpage as well as my social media contacts.

I have never had any issue with this image from anyone before but when I uploaded this image to my profile forum page I received an email saying the following:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello,

You're receiving this email because a profile image that you uploaded to your profile has been rejected by our moderators.

Uploaded: 3/10/17 10:05 PM
Index: 1

The uploaded profile image has been deleted.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.
You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Can someone to me explain what happened here? I would like to know the reason why my logo was rejected.

Interesting note: My logo appears on my Adobe account page when I go to the "Manage" menu so I'm completely baffled by this email.

Also, I didn't know where to ask about this issue since when I tried to reply to that email from Adobe Forum, it didn't go through.

Am I possibly not understanding something here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it may have been rejected by accident, but it's hard to say with no link your image and no image added to your message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello kglad,

Thanks for the quick response. I thought the same thing, that it might be an error. I didn’t post the image on the message because I didn’t see where I can do that or if it is even allowed in the forums. I do have that logo as one of my email signatures which I’ve included here.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see anything, possibly because you replied via email.

if you go to the forum and post, you can attach an image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2017 Mar 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log-in to the web forum.  Click on Reply and you will see an icon for inserting an image into your post.  See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last Jive update, only Employees are allowed to accept profile images, so I'm not sure what anyone else can do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if it was the wrong size or an animated GIF or something.   I can't find any written policies with respect to forum Profile Images.  As far as I know, anything goes unless it's in bad taste. or infringes on a brand or trademark.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'bad taste' encompasses quit a lot.  this was a topic one or two years ago in the backroom forum triggered by an image appearing to portray self-injury.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think the reason behind the rejection of image is that it may violate some law of this forum, and the moderator may reject your image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines