Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Adobe Premiere Mac post from summer 2000

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2009 Oct 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I know this must sound crazy, but I need to find a needle in a haystack -- in the summer of 2000 I posted on the Adobe Premiere Mac forums - it was a method of remapping the keyboard in Premiere 5.1c.  I'm pretty sure my screen name was "Graham Jones" -- I had over 600 posts.  It's possible it was "GrahamAJones" but I don't think so.

Does anyone know how I can retrieve a copy of that post and/or thread?

If it helps in searching, it talked about modifying the "keyboard.txt" file.

It's a long story, but I need evidence of that post for my green card application, and I am stumped without it.

Thanks,

Graham Jones.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2009 Oct 15, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you most likely need to post in the Premiere forums

Second, the forum has changed software since then, and I don't think anything that old was saved in the migration

I don't use "news feed forum access" but you might check to see if there is a saved version from that long ago... sorry, I don't know how you search in the news feed history

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks;  I was hoping someone might have an archive saved on their computer.  I used to have such an archive, but lost it a few years back when I changed email clients.

I will indeed post on the Premiere forum as well.

Thanks,

graham.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

slight chance, I suppose, I don't know how far back their archives go:

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

added:

About the Wayback Machine

Browse through over 150 billion web pages archived from 1996 to a few months ago. To start surfing the Wayback, type in the web address of a site or page where you would like to start, and press enter. Then select from the archived dates available. The resulting pages point to other archived pages at as close a date as possible. Keyword searching is not currently supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

wow, that's an awesome site!  I'm impressed that I can see the general forum index from 2001.  Unfortunately, the Premiere Mac forum was not included in the archive.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if the fora (forums?) were also operating as NNTP newsgroups at that time, but if so, Google may have an archive of these (http://groups.google.com/) - you can do amazing searches on these archives (including date range, user profile, etc.).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines