• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need some advice. Adobe owes me over $1500

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2009 Sep 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is the right forum to put this post in, there are so many forums soI just chose one.

Anyway back in June I decided that I was going to do a cross platform upgrade from production cs3 to production cs4, pc to mac. It was over a month before I was sent a product which just happend to be design standard cs4. The wrong product! So I called and adobe said I had to place another order and I could return design standard. So I ordered another product and was charged an additional $550 ( the upgrade price ). I recieved the product a week later and this time it was the correct one. Two weeks later I recieved a third product and then a few days later a forth product. I was charged an additional two times, making this four charges for one product. I have filled out and uploaded letter of software destructions for the products I do not want.

I called adobe and opened a case, they closed the case saying it had been resolved and nothing happend. So I called customer support and after being on hold for three hours they were little help.

So I'm at a loss for what to do. Adobe owes me for three charges of $550 and I'm finding it impossible to get my money back. This whole ordeal has been going on for 3 months!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From last week's open letter from Adobe's VP Technical Services Lambert Walsh:

"nresolved issues can be directed to adbecare@adobe.com for help."

See http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=123258472738#/profile.php?id=100000216278216

Otherwise, the 'right' place for posts like this is http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/adobedotcom_feedback .

Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact your credit card company and dispute the charges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy crap! Definitely get a 3rd party involved, that's criminal. Hell they should pay you interest too, over that long a time, especially if you had to maintain a balance.

Shame on Adobe.

What did they do to screw up their support so bad?  Did they outsource to India or something? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of third party are you thinking? Like sueing them?

I was on hold for six hours today by the way and then I just hung up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I meant like Buko said, your CC company.  They'll fix it for you.

6 hours.  Wow, I wouldn't even wish that punishment on a Jive Forum software developer... (wait, yes, yes I would )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea that would have been an option had I used a credit card... I used a debit card for the purchases and there is nothing they can do except cancel the card. Needless to say I'll be using my credit card for purchases like this in the future!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't sure if 100% protection applied to debit cards as well so I looked it up because I heard that it did once...

The amount of protection offered by debit cards versus the level of protection offered by credit cards is identical, as mandated by the law and in common practice. But this is not to say that the level of protection matches the level of convenience. Both debit and credit cards offer zero percent liability, meaning that all consumers who find themselves victims of card fraud will end up in the same place–their money will be refunded.

If you call your bank (prob a number on the back of the card) maybe they can help.  It's really sad that you'd have to do this with a supposedly reputable company like Adobe, but Adobe has no right to take up hours and hours of your time getting a refund, either--especially since it's their mistake.

If the bank can (and does) reverse the charges, if Adobe has a problem with it at least they'll have to call YOU (or the bank) and it should be quick. Good luck..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who cares. I contacted adobe via the facebook link from earlier in this thread. About an hour or so later I got a response via a message on facebook! About 4 hours later a rep from adobe called me and apologized for everything extensively and said I would have my refund by tomorrow. Facebook? Really?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2009 Sep 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Damage control. Very few people read the complaints here. Facebook, everybody does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 03, 2009 Sep 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I usually contact the Better Business Bureau on stuff like this.

Last time I contacted them online, I received an email from them the next day about the charge/dispute. The day after that the company I was disputing the charge from called me and it was straightened out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines