• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Forum format a little frustrating

Engaged ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this is the correct forum to post my comment about the new forum format. When replying to a comment thread, there is only one line provided for the response. Therefore, the text rolls out of view making it impossible to review my response before committing it to the system. The only way to check for grammatical errors in my reply is to post it and then edit it. That is frankly, a sub-par method for Adobe. I suggest the reply editing box be large enough to allow typing to wrap as it does during initial posts. Are you experiencing the same difficulty when you type a reply?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not reply to an individual message, that "nests" your reply and it is not readily visible

Click the blue reply on the original message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John T. Smith, thank you for your quick response. I would prefer my post be associated with an individual message if my reply is relevant to something written in that individual message. If not, I would certainly reply to the original post. If your recommendation is a permanent solution, then the option to reply to an individual message should be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will be rolling out regular updates to the forum capabilities. This issue is one that has been brought to their attention. We don't know how they're prioritizing the feedback they are getting, so there's no telling when this particular issue will be resolved.

You may want to edit your original post and add the Feature request (or Bug, or both!) topic tags to it, as that makes it more likely that the Adobe employees monitoring this forum will see it and add your voice to their weighing process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mrdavie99,

We've prioritized switching the quick reply function (that currently pops up when replying to a reply) to a full rich-text editor for replying for an upcoming release.

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2019 Sep 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found this thread after posting about the very same topic. Glad to see a full editor will be available in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - When you reply to a post, the reply box is just one line, without any formatting options as compared to when the initial post is created. Is there a way to set an option to have the default reply box be the same full size box as when creating an initial post? I just replied to someone and wanted to post a link and had to click on "post" then go back and edit the message, which brought up the full editor, but that's not intuitive and requires a lot more effort.

Also, with the "one line reply box," if you hit enter/return, the software instantly posts your message, when you may have wanted to start a new paragraph. Then, you're forced to go through the routine above to finish editing the post, at which time someone may have seen your reply, and it makes no sense since it's only half written. Or worse, if you decide your reply wasn't worthy and don't want to post it, there's no option to delete it. The only option is to edit it.

It seems the new software is geared towards quick, one line answers, which isn't really condusive to a forum like this, where people often reply with multiple paragraphs, links and photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interestingly, I discovered that if you reply directly to the original poster, the full editor comes up, but if you reply to someone further down, the one line editor comes up. IMO, it would be ideal to either have the full editor always come up or give an option in the preferences for each person to choose which they prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just discovered this thread talking about this very subject. Probably better to keep all posts on the same topic together, so this thread could be merged with that thread or closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you edit the reply made with the one line editor, you get the full editor. Very consistent, indeed. So, the trick is to post only the beginning of your reply and then edit it immediately to add the rest. Very practical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Why knowingly post and then edit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real reason for all of this is the people that made the choice of the new forum software do NOT have a Clue, Are Brain DEAD, Children, Live in a BOX on a street corner, Have never talked to another Human Being.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2019 Sep 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Skippermark,

I merged the 2 topics as suggested.   BTW, that's a new feature the old JIVE forum never had.  So Khoros isn't all bad.  It just needs lots & lots of tweaking.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> So Khoros isn't all bad. It just needs lots & lots of tweaking.

Really ? If a software is unable to work decently with the default settings, I think there's a problem. Some basic features expected from a forum software are missing, bugs are ubiquitous and I'm not sure that this depends on tweaking even more. I'm wondering how Adobe could decide to let that thing go online before testing it internally at least a few hours (which would have been enough to detect all current major problems).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines