• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New > Idea

Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought: Lets post this great idea I have for Premiere.

Unfortunately I couldn't, as everything was grayed out.

I can't find any info about the New > Idea function.

Any ideas?..

great-idea.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Only certain forum product groups have activated Ideas within forums. The others will be grayed out. Some teams, such as Photoshop, are using a completely separate site for their ideas, such as http://feedback.photoshop.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start at http://forums.adobe.com/index.jspa and find a forum from the drop down list... which will let you talk to other users

To tell Adobe something, go to https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you meant Adobe Premier Forums then try this link:

<http://forums.adobe.com/community/premiere>

Caveat: I am not an expert in Premier product so my answer may be wrong.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be where I would direct the OP too.

There are several sub-forums under Premiere:

1. Premiere Elements (a consumer-level video program)
  2. Premiere Pro CS 5, 5.5 & 6 (current)
  3. Premiere & Premiere Pro through CS 4 (earlier versions of the program)
  4. Premiere Hardware

I think that # 2 would be the one, that the OP wants.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all but I think you missed my point

I am talking about the idea button. When I click that, I get nowhere so why is it even there.

the-idea-button.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the function is grayed out, it means that you can view content in these locations but don't have access to post to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know.

What's the point of the Idea button if you can't post an idea with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us where you see that?  I cannot see that anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upper right, as shown in the screenshot. In any discussion I'm in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upper right of where... which forum?

The upper right of THIS forum is not the same as your post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the drop down on every forum page I see. Is it different for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to click on Browse in the area with  New   Your Stuff    History  Browse   line upper right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the dropdown as shown in the screenshgot on this page, too. On every page, doesn't matter where I am in the adobe forums.

When I click it, a dialog opens with a link to "browse locations". When I click that I get what you see in the screenshot of the start post.

It seems we don't all see the same?

I use Chrome on Windows 7.

Edit: I just tried new document, video and poll and it's the same problem as with new idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I do not know about all the possibilities, but Polls can ONLY be initiated by a MOD, or Admin. account. Might be the same for the other options too?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh... Ok... now that you say to click "your stuff" I also see the options... but, as Hunt said, it may be that some of those options are Mod-activated only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried "New Idea" in a few forums, where I do not have MOD status, and got nothing - no error message, no nothing [SIC].

I tried "New Idea" in a few forums, where I DO have MOD status, and got an input screen in each.

While not the definitive word, it point in the direction of one's interface console in a particular forum.

Just some observations,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I absolutely fail to understand is why such things are so misterious that even moderators do not know about them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, even without Jive updates, things are changing. Not all MOD's know everything, that there is to know. Adobe is trying to "educate" them, but it is a rather large, and monumental task. It's getting better, but MOD's still are asking questions, so it is not complete, and at many levels.

Also, the Adobe Forums are rather a "living, breathing" entity, so things are a bit dynamic.

Sorry that I do not have a concrete answer for you, but maybe, after the US Labor Day holiday, Terri, or someone else, can fill in the details.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but this doesn't explain moderators that not anyone knows they are moderators... And in this I include moderators themselves. In other non-Adobe forums I frequent, moderators are identified by appropriate badges, and they always leave a message explaining why they did what they did as moderators.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

At least from my limited knowledge, one can be a MOD in Adobe Forum A, but not have those privileges in Adobe Forum B.

When I do anything, as a MOD, I try to not only point out in a Reply, or annotation, what I did, but a little bit of "why." As I am not very active in that role, I also PM the OP, to explain the what and the why, so that they are not lost, and wondering.

I do not think that all MOD's have the time for the PM, as they are working on many more threads, than I ever will, so it's only a personal thing with me.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill Hunt wrote:

I do not think that all MOD's have the time for the PM, as they are working on many more threads, than I ever will, so it's only a personal thing with me.

Hunt

Bill, it is unfortunate that this civil behaviour is a personal thing with you. While it's true that I see many cases of threads moved to their proper forum by a mod who leaves a one line message indicating who did the move,  it's unfortunate that one also sees instances of messages, and occassionally whole threads, that simpliy disappear without leaving any trace. Not to mention those mods who mark an answer as Correct a couple of seconds after it is posted. Or ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I remeber very vividly a case in which a most active participant in one forum asked another very active participant in the same forum if he was also a mod. It was through that public post that I learned that the first was a mod while the second wasn't.

Why the secrecy? I don't see anything evil or shameful in being a mod. Quite the opposite.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay that clears it up for me: It are MOD actions, but not hidden from normal users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Malloot wrote:

Okay that clears it up for me: It are MOD actions, but not hidden from normal users.

... as they should be. In my opinion, no area reserved for mods usage should be visible for non-mods.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, no area reserved for mods usage should be visible for non-mods.

Claudio,

I agree with you 100% on this. There are often many, many considerations, prior to doing something actively, and many MOD's will query the entire MOD and Administrative community, before taking some actions.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines