• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New posting requirement: MUST PICK TOPIC IN ORDER TO SUBMIT AN ORIGINAL POST?????

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TSIA.  Is this seriously happening?  I just tried to post a question in the CF forum, and the form wouldn't submit UNLESS AND UNTIL I SELECTED A TOPIC!  Malicious compliance: ALL SELECTED.  Doing the same for this complaint post.

This is what is commonly known as REMOVED design.  I am seriously fed up with the new community portal.  I ACTUALLY PINE FOR THE DAYS OF JIVE!!!!

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that requirement was added because almost no one has been using the tags. Since we don't have child forums anymore for things like Scripting, we depend on those tags to filter information.

Also, this thread may be more suited to the Community Feedback forum. Let me move it there for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still @55hole design, especially when/if none of the available topics apply to the subject matter.  (If anyone edits my @55hole into REMOVED, you should go work for SitePoint and leave this to professionals.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi limsims

shouldn’t this be in the "back room"? it’s a "bug" right?

neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Bug NB__Colour.

Same goes for editing a post. to actually make a post there has to be a Tag applied.

The REAL Problem is Not all tags, Topic choices, are displayed. So depending on what the post s really about sometimes the tag/topic choices don't match.

2019-11-05 06_40_49-Edit Post - Adobe Support Community.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JustShootMe

you're putting a LOT of time into the forum "fixes needed"

I agree about the topics, if they are to be required then they MUST all be displayed as options, the fact that they are not - that IS a bug in my mind.

Anyhow, I still think this converation should be in back room. it MIGHT get spotted and acted on there? 

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Completely DISAGREE.

The Feedback forum is Exactly where this topic should be. It is Feedback On the Forums.

If this was a properly run forum system this section (Forum) should be the First place a Staff member comes to read feedback from not only ACPs and MVPs but from the General Adobe Using Public.

If moved to the Back Room then the OP would be Locked out.

If the Feedback forum was restricted like the BR, ACP/MVP, Mod forum then no general public users could post to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To me, it seemed that the OP was providing feedback about one of the ways communities are working, so this should be the best place for it.  Adobe personnel are monitoring this forum for feedback, enhancement requests, and bugs provided by the community at large.

Community descriptions on the front page, at least for communities that are not directly related to products, would be a good idea. I'd like to know which communities are open to all and which have limited access. I thought, for example, that the Back Room had limited access in the old Jive forums and that had carried over to here. If that's the case, the OP wouldn't be able to access their own post if I had moved it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And sometimes, there doesn't seem to be an appropriate tag. The limited options means that it can be hard to decide which tag to use. Community Feedback has only 3 choices: Bug, Enhancement, and Release Notes. While I admit I'm not sure what other topics should be included, I'm also not sure that these are the only topics people would want to use.

As an aside, why is it Enhancement in this community and Feature request in Community Help? Surely those are the same thing? And why would they be in two different communities if they both apply to asking for an improvement to the Communities?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BTW, what is "REMOVED design"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines