• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No more spam?

LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Spam topic hasn't received any messages for several days, which I find unusual. Could we perhaps take this as a sign of the popularity of the new forums? Just a thought.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

5 points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 19, 2009 Apr 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PjonesCET wrote:

I left line to which you are referencing to answer. It has first two meanings first is humorous sarcasm . Next it depends upon where you grew up. I grew up in a very rural portion of Virginia Back in the 50-60's. And I am product of Public Schools. Public schools in Rural Virginia never get the support nor have proper funds to pay for top of the line teachers. Then too, English/Grammar was never my strong , I never made better than B- at the most . I did get straight A's in Woodworking and Electronics and Algebra and Trig. Also a lot  of my mistakes are symply due to typo's. I never took touch typing. I wen to school where Typing was considered sissy, woman's work (training to be a secretary). So it never occured I would ever need typing. Back in 60's computer were as large as an entire store on a Major buildin and had those cores on top that looked like Compressor on on 1920-30's refrigerators. Copers like we have now were just a glimer of dream that could be a 100 years. So I am product of where I grewup and experiences at the time.

I'm a Woodworker, bad at the rest. ANd I do typos, too. What gets My goat is simple stuff like my few examples. On another forum, some one will post one images on one subject and titles it 'Birds' or Post four images and say title it 'A couple of shots of .....' . Rediculous!

Don

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Joslin wrote:

I've been reporting spam via the abuse button.

Edit: You missed the point PJ!

Not really. I was  answering OP's comments.

I do know about the abuse button, that fact is not lost on me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There appears to be less spam. Spammers may not have caught up with the new system. I see several spams each day via the report abuse system and I am seeing a few originals each day myself. But no wide-spread spamming yet. That being said, I'm sure we will see a few before too long. Maybe its the economy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shouldn't you have a badge mike?

and don, thank you for that post. age is no excuse to be sloppy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe its the economy.

Maybe that's why traffic was down before the change over. Maybe no-one needed to panic and put us through all this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines