• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Reply button in the Reader forum

LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not getting a Reply button in messages on the Reader forum. I have tried in Firefox/Mac,  Explorer/Win and Safari/Win; latest versions of all browsers and OSs.

Have all the threads in that forum been closed, have I been banned in that particular forum, or is this some new and general problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 12, 2011 Dec 12, 2011

It looks like that forum was accidentally left shut down. Please try it now.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

Yesterday, Sunday, Dec. 11, the ability to post, either New, or Reply, was curtailed, and my assumption was that it was due to the mega-load of spam, being uploaded. From about 10:00AM, until 4:00PM, PST, the capability to post anything was missing, and others observed the same.

Your post on Replies, is dated Dec. 12, so I wonder if some forums are still shut down.

Just before the biggest load hit, I saw that you had posted here, in the Spam Thread, with several of the spammer's Profiles, and also commented (think it was you) that the Reader Forum was being hit especially hard. If the Reader Forum is still shut down, my guess would that it was still being hit hard, and Adobe has temporarily shut down all posting to it, until the spammers give up.

As it is now Monday (though still early in San Jose, CA, USA), maybe Adobe-Admin can update us, as to what happened, what steps were taken, and when everything will be back to normal.

Good luck, and thanks for attacking the spammers (while you could) in the Spam thread. Bet that Adobe canceled dozens of accounts yesterday.

Hunt

[Edit] As of Dec. 12, 8:23AM PST, I can still not post to the Reader Forum, so would imagine that that capability is still turned OFF. Obviously, that capability has been turned back ON here, and many other product forums. I do not think that it's you, your browser or any personal setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny, I hadn't noticed that the Start a Discussion and Create by Email buttons are also missing. It would seem that you are right and the Reader forum is indeed closed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the spam attack was really heavy in the Reader forum; they were posting faster than I could report them... There was a time when the first 6 pages of the list of topics were almost exclusively spam messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like that forum was accidentally left shut down. Please try it now.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reopening the door. The Resder forum is working normally now, but spammers are again busy at it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which is your preference? Closed or Spammed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither should be preferred. in the real world should be neither.

Perhaps. shutting down for a week then start it back up would stop it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn’t a real question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2011 Dec 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In spite of the increased, and insidious spam activity, I am glad to see that you have not lost your sense of humor!

Fight the good fight, and good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe-admin wrote:

Which is your preference? Closed or Spammed?

Which is your preference? Hanged or guillotined?

Under more or less normal circumstances, I think I'd rather have forums Spammed than Closed. Under such heavy attacks as those of the weekend, probably Closed, but for as little time as possible.

Incidentaly, I also think that one way of fighting spam is by eliminating spam messages as soon as possible, but the topic list in the Reader forum is showing some spam messages that were posted three hours ago. And one of the posts shows nearly 500 views...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with deleting them right away is that then there is no way to identify their source. I need to leave some in place for forensics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IPs identified and blocked. The spam messages should be gone now. Let us know if you run into any still online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2011 Dec 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe-admin wrote:

The problem with deleting them right away is that then there is no way to identify their source. I need to leave some in place for forensics

I understand that you can keep some threads in place, but restricting their viewing to a group of people. Wouldn't be this enough for forensic purposes? Keeping spam messages visible to everyone for several hours looks to me like a gift for the spammers...

In another vein, have you noticed this message of mine? It seems that my problem is affecting at least one other participant:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/936705?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines