Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sticky threads in the Jive mess?

May 28, 2009 May 28, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the Jive software not support sticky threads? If not this is unbelievable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not that i know of but the Overview page can be modified quite nicely making link boxes like the one found here in the Forum Comments among other things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Does the Jive software not support sticky threads? If not this is unbelievable.

The only thing sticky about these forums is their speed... about as sticky as a snail.Oh yes! I forgot... one other thing... remember that old phrase, "Sxxt sticks". Well, need i say more?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.

http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/message/177144#177144

Finally got logged as a request in http://www.jivesoftware.com/jivespace/message/199789#199789 where he mentioned exploring other options for the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive would probably forget the "Post Message" button had their testers (early adopting customers, if they have any) not pointed it out to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an example of one of those "other things" or "other options" that is different from the one in this forum.

http://forums.adobe.com/community/dreamweaver/dreamweaver_general?view=discussions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Jive sure is a sticky mess huh?

I'm not suprised the software is so Jived up that it doesn't have this basic feature that was concieved of decades ago, which every forum software on the planet supports.  Is anyone really shocked?  Heck, at this point I wouldn't be too phased if they said the server was engineered in COBOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ansury wrote:

Wow, Jive sure is a sticky mess huh?

Quite... like chewing gum on the sidewalk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2009 May 29, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jive is based in Portland, I'm so embarrassed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Portland is a pretty liberal thinking locale.  Perhaps Jive adopted the Southpark Gnome 3 step process.  Step 1 - lets build a software company.  Step 2 - ?  Step 3.   We now have a software company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

That's it. When I go south, I'm taking the 205 from here on out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buko. wrote:

Thanks, now I have one less state to visit for my next vacation. I'm boycotting, until they stop Jiving things up so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Portland's a great place please don't hold Jive against us. Jive is probably a bunch of relocated californians anyway.

Maybe they will all go away when it starts raining.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Buko. wrote:

Portland's a great place please don't hold Jive against us. Jive is probably a bunch of relocated californians anyway.

Maybe they will all go away when it starts raining.

In that case, maybe I will reconsider, as long as I'm allowed to throw rotten eggs at anyone wearing a shirt or nametag that says "Jive Software" on it (not that even they would do something so humiliating).

Note: Now if you were a mere one blobber, I would have simply ignored your post entirely and replied "Facts, bleh!" or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines