Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No support from Adobe- going to have to make a complaint with Attorney General

Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was recently in a fire (December 2010) and my Creative Suite Design Premium Student Edition was destroyed along with my new MacBook Pro.  I have contacted Adobe since April 20111 to try to acquire a replacement and have had no luck.  First off, I have received automated responses are that are not even a live person.  For example, I explained my situation and that I obviously don't have my serial numbers anymore because they were detroyed in the fire.  Adobe's response, here are your serial numbers, I am sorry you are having a hard time installing your software.  Does that sound like a live person or perhaps a person that does not care.

Secondly, I submitted my proof of purchase (my mom had purchased the computer and Suite for me).  All the information was available right on the sheet I submitted.  They came back and asked me for the e-mail address of my mother so they could look up her student account.  This was after I explained I was the student.

Also, I was informed by two people that I would need to fill out a letter of destruction and one person that told me I didn't.  They also told me I could perform a platform switch since I know have a PC.  However, when they finally got around to responding to my inquiry, they said it wasn't available anymore and I needed to upgrade to 5.5.  Now mind you, I had CS5 and Cs5.5 came out in April.  I have been contacting them since May, so they mean to tell me they have no more CS5 for PC?  No, they are just trying to upsell, which would mean $399 for me.

I am very disgusted with the service at Adobe and the fact that they know they have a monopoly.  They can have workers from other countries who live chat with you, and it takes 10 minutes for them to translate.  Not to mention the fact that if you need support by phone your wait time is 40 minutes.  They also have a tendency to close my cases even before they are resolved.  I know there is a window of 5 days you have to respond in e-mail, which I have done, but they still close it when they feel like they don't want to be bothered.

Have you ever scene the movie, Rainmaker?  This situation is like that movie.  They deny all claims and even when someone keeps submitting they continue to deny, playing the odds that someone won't contact an attorney.  They are totally in the wrong.  There is no way you can say that they are right when they don't actually read e-mails and provide awful customer service.  I feel sorry for the people that work at Adobe and think they have a good job.  Look what your company stands for.  This is why they are not listed in the Better Business Bureau.    

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are not addressing Adobe here. This is a user to user forum. The only forum that Adobe has an official presence is the adobe.com forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/general/adobedotcom_feedback

Reposting there might generate a response from Adobe. I am sorry to here that you have suffered the loss in a fire. Never having been in a fire I cannot imagine what you have been through. I have suffered with losses due to flooding and that was bad enough. Adobe may not have a legal responsibility to help you, but maybe Adobe will help if for no other reason than the goodwill it will generate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines