November 11th Release Notes

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Here's what we released on Monday, Nov. 11th on the Adobe Support Community:

Profile:

• Bug: Most Valued Participant badges are now displaying on profile avatars throughout the Community

Notifications:

• Bug: Follow and Unfollow status should now accurately reflect Follow and Unfollow selections on Community board pages

Posting/Editing/Replying

• Bug: Replies should no longer break with lengthy attachment names

Reading

• Enhancement: Changing "Latest Replies" to "Latest" to make clear that it includes post creation and replies as latest activity
  • Bug: Translation menu should no longer show above button and should no longer hide the English option.

This past sprint was a short one but our next one is longer than usual - expect to see more enhancements, new features, and bugs addressed!

If you have any ideas about the Adobe Support Community or bugs to submit, please make a post in this community board and select the Feature Request or Bug topic.

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe
TOPICS
Release Notes

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When are we going to be able to Paste (rather than use the Insert Photo icon). Paste is much faster for me. Using Insert Photo is a time-consuming hassle, and it discourages including helpful images in replies to questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Notifications:

• Bug: Follow and Unfollow status should now accurately reflect Follow and Unfollow selections on Community board pages

Is this working for others? I am not seeing any change. Click Follow and it changes to Unfollow but next time I visit, it's back to Follow.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter, we found another contributing issue that's making this bug a little more difficult to squash. We're hopeful this issue will be sorted out very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2019 Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is this working for others?"

It's not working for me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be interested in this thread: 'Actions and Scripting' label

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also it seems that every ones signature is being Cut Off on the bottom. P's (Lower case, p ) Brackets () [] are also being cut.

I even added a cariage return after it and it is still being cut off on the bottom. So I just deleted my signature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Testing sig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use a Return aftert the last bracket ( ] )? Yours doesn't seem to cut off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems to be a difference between the signature in a nested reply vs in a non-nested reply.

If you're using Stylus or similar to correct the display of the forums, you could add the following rule:

.UserSignature.lia-message-signature {
max-height: min-content!important;
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we at least get a list of items that are going to be implemented, either here or in the private forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great idea.

On the top of every ones list is Nesting. AFAIK EVERYONE wants it removed. I've even asked that question several times, Is it going to go away, Is Nesting going to be removed, Is nesting going to Stop?

Really is a Simple question that only needs a simple Yes or No answer. But I have never had a reply to it (and I won't now). So don't hold your breath for that list.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Just Shoot Me,

I believe I already addressed the topic of Nested Replies in a previous post on Community Feedback and I apologize for missing your posts. As I mentioned in this post's reply, removing nested replies is but one solution out of many to a problem. Our team was able to understand the heart of the problem with Peru's post and are now working on ways to find the latest activity and unread activity in a conversation. That might mean removing nested replies is the best solution! That might also means there's another solution that's better.

In short, we're working on it. Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a bit fed up with this nesting stuff.

You have no idea how counter productive this is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Melissa your reply in that other discussion you linked to clearly shows you do not participate in this forum on a regular basis, or any Software Support forum, (sorry for this BUT) have no idea on how a good forum system should work, and the biggest think, have no idea why Nesting does not work.

I posted a long reply on what we are dealing with in, IIRC, one of my replies to one of your posts in some other thread posts. IIRC it was for the Oct 30 release notes or it could of been for the one before that. It is in neither so It must of been in another discussion. I'm looking for it now.

But in the Release notes for the Oct 30 release you posted two replies on Nov 11th. That discussion is 3 pages long, "Your Replies" (Made 1.5 weeks after the first post, Oct 30) are on the First page. They should be at the end on Page 3. That happens because of the Nested Reply system.

I found one other discussion where new posts are on Page 2 of a 3 page discussion.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/back-room/new-test-of-nesting-original-post/m-p/10706534#M52995

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Just Shoot Me, thanks for your reply. I understand the frustrations you and others are having with nested replies. It doesn't allow you to follow a conversation in an easy chronological format and you can't find what the latest updates to a conversation are.

I appreciate that you believe it's simple problem to solve. At the risk of repeating myself, we're definitely working on this pain point and will come up with a solution to address it. The solution, again, might be removing the nested replies system or it might be something else entirely.

At the end of the day, our team wants to make sure we get this right and not rush a fix that might have other unintended consequences. I apologize in advance that I cannot give you a "yes" or "no" answer.

Thanks,

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my honest opinion the solution is simple. The real problem is whoever chose this platform doesn't have a clue as to how a good forum should look and feel, The Layout.

All of you (And Or the person that chose this platform) had a very good forum layout with JIVE. Why couldn't you have gone with the same type of system but was more modern in the feature set.

What has happened is the people in charge have alienated 95% of the TOP contributors and most of them have left.

I read the Exerience League forum are coming to Khoros but not combined with the Creative Cloud forums.

I wait to see what that layout will look like. If it is similar to this mess they will do the same thing, alienate 95% of the users and TOP responders (that includes STAFF also).

Here is what a Support forum layout should look like (Very similar to what we had on JIVE)

2019-10-27 19_46_39-AutoCAD LT Forum - Autodesk Community.png

By the way the forum pictured above is using Khoros software. Why not here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Melissa you really haven't addressed this issue in any reply.

It is quite simple. Is the Nested Reply system going away. It really is THAT SIMPLE, A Yes or a No answer is all that is needed.

Not "there may be other solutions". Not "there may be other factors at work".

Simple is the nested reply system going away.

The only solution that will be acceptible is to remove the nested reply system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On JIVE forum there was alternative. For years I used the system you want to have now on this forum, but then I found posts can be displayed with nesting what I started to use. It would be great if we had on this forum both options we can preferably use, however I had no motive yet to see how good / bad nesting worked on JIVE forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback, Kukurykus! I'll ask the team to keep this in mind as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines